Sunday, December 2, 2007

Anna's Room





Well, I finally took some pictures of the nursery...it's not totally complete but it should give you an idea of what it looks like. There's really no theme but the main colors are pink and sage green. She certainly has what she needs for her first few weeks and after that, I'll put stuff away where it works best for us. The countdown is at 9 days...can you believe that?? I'm feeling pretty sure that she will take all of those days and maybe a couple extra before she introduces herself--she doesn't seem to be in too big of a hurry to be going anywhere. There doctor said that things are starting to get underway, but that I could stay like this for a couple weeks. Dane and I are both ready to just have her here with us and I am very ready to not be pregnant anymore! I'm uncomfortable whether laying down or sitting or standing, my hands and feet look like sausages, and I get winded just getting up off the couch. My sweet husband should get a medal for putting up with me these last few weeks. :) Well actually, he gets his little girl, so what more could he need or want!


We had a nice weekend filled with decorating our house for Christmas, watching some football and relaxing. I'm definitely going through my last minute nesting stage...I managed to clean out and organize our linen closet, my bedroom closet and our laundry room. Things I normally don't care too much about...but it feels great to get them done! :) I'm hoping that Tuesday we can go get a Christmas tree and then we'll be all ready for the holidays!


It's back to work tomorrow, but the exciting news is that this is my last week! I told my boss and his wife that Friday will be my official last day and it feels great to have that to look forward to. I plan to take off three months and enjoy every last day!

6 comments:

tara said...

I absolutely LOVE it!! You and your mom (and Dane?) did a really great job. I think it looks just perfect. And, it looks like Anna's wardrobe is more complete than mine! ;-)

Diane said...

Jen...Beautiful. Enjoy the three months, they will go too fast. I hope you aren't planning on a lot of rest, though...life with kids equals "no rest". (It is worth every sleepless night!
Love, MOM

Sara Jones said...

It does look perfect. And finished, what else do you need to do to it? I'm with Tara, I can't believe how many clothes that girl has! Better hope they were right on the ultrasound about the gender... :-)

And your mom is right, it is worth every sleepless night.

Anonymous said...

The room looks great! I can hardly wait to see your little Anna!

Brittany said...

I love the color scheme, and I love the way you painted the walls. Anna is a very loved little girl already!

Only 3 days to go!

Brittany said...

Happy Due Date Tomorrow!