Thursday, February 14, 2008

Oh, glorious sleep!







Well, in case you couldn't tell from the title of this blog, our little Anna is becoming quite the marathon sleeper! Last night, I put her to bed around 8:45 pm and she didn't wake up to eat until 4:00 am! This is a first! After that feeding, she didn't wake up again until about 9:00 am. I'm telling you, I had kind of forgotten that "well rested" feeling, but I woke up at 9:00 feeling bright eyed and bushy tailed! The night before that was a really great one as well...she only woke up twice. We've made a few changes that might be making her sleep better. We been noticing that by the time she wakes up in the morning she's so congested it's hard for her to breathe. So I arranged her bassinet so that the side her head is on is elevated slightly, plus I bought a humidifier for our room and I think that those two things have solved the problem. Ever since, her sleeping has drastically improved. Yay for us!! :)




Today was Anna's first Valentine's Day, and it was pretty laid back. We got up and made daddy breakfast (a Denver omlette and oj) and then she napped and then got a bath and was dressed her in her Valentine's outfit (I attached a picture for you all to see). She looked pretty darn cute. After that daddy fed her for the first time with a bottle and she took it like a champ. I've been pumping for about a week to prepare for going back to work and we finally had a chance to introduce a bottle today. We're going to have Dane feed her once a day so that she's use to it when I'm at work. Dane LOVED being able to feed her and she's super snuggly after she eats, so he loved all the snuggles too! :) I think it's going to work out great for everyone involved. It's kind of nice knowing that if I need to go run a few errands I don't HAVE to be back within two hours to feed her. And I think that is going to be a wonderful bonding experience for Dane and Anna.




So speaking of work...I go back on March 3rd. It's really hard to believe that it will already be 12 weeks--I really don't know where the time has gone. Honestly, it's going to be very hard to leave her for a whole work day and I'm dreading that day when it comes. I suppose I should focus on the positive side which is that Dane will be able to be with her during the day since he works in the evenings. So that means no daycare for us which is HUGE! It's very important to both of us that we don't have to go that route, so we feel very fortunate. All I know is that my car is not going to get me home fast enough at the end of the day. :)




It was Dane's 31st birthday yesterday and Anna and I took him out to dinner last night to celebrate. When I asked him what he wanted for his birthday, he said that he wanted to be able to go to Michigan in April for a reunion for his fraternity that he was in during college. More than anything it will be a chance for him to see a couple of his good buddies that he hasn't seen in a few years. So he got a trip for his birthday. :) He should have a blast and I think Anna and I are going to take a road trip to my parent's house for that weekend, so we'll all have something to look forward to.


1 comments:

Diane said...

Yea Anna!!! Such a good girl for Mommy and Daddy....your new sleeping patterns are a great gift to them...We all love you little darling! Grandma will see you on the 23rd.....