I know this is a week late, but I can't let it go without talking about it! Two weekends ago, my best girlfriends and I got together for yet another fabulous Girl's Weekend! This year, we traveled to Couer d' Alene, ID for our weekend gathering and it did not disappoint. Thankfully we had clear and sunny skies for all of our walking around and shopping, however I doubt it ever got above 45 degrees. No joke. It was FRIGID!! But we budled up and enjoyed the great shops along downtown and of course immersed ourselves in the delicious restaurants available to us. I'm going to be attaching some pictures, and most of them involve food...you'll see. :) We treated ourselves to lunches and dinners out and we found some outstanding places with delicious food that I'm still dreaming about. We also enjoyed a movie...in an actual theatre! We went to see "Whip It", which was a very entertaining movie...I love Ellen Page and she was really great in it. I just enjoyed getting to go out to another movie!!
One of the highlights of the weekend was on Saturday night, we all sat around in the cozy living room of our condo we rented and reverted back to our high school days. In 1998 the five of us sat in my living room in Yakima and wrote our predictions for ourselves and each other for where we will be in 10 years. We were a year late reading them, but better late than never! Brittany had the "time capsule" at her mom's house in Yakima all these years, and so we had her mom scan all 27 pages and email them to Britt. Thanks to modern technology and Megan's IPhone, we were able to take turns reading them aloud. Most of them caused sheer embarrasment because of how young and immature we sounded, but it provided for hours of gut wrenching laughter. By the end of the night, Megan had a new nickname (Megster), we determinded that Sara is bound to be a writer, Tara and myself will not be (we're more of the bullett point type), and that Sara and Greg's introduction to each other did not come close to Brittany's hopes!
The weekend came to an end way too fast, but we all left with new memories and with some old ones rekindled. I look forward to many many many more of these special weekends where we aren't mothers, wives, or daughters...just the best of friends! We always pick up right where we left off, and that is when you know you are with true friends.

This is how my weekend started off...with a big ol' southwest wrap. It was devine!

Sara could not get enough of their corn past salad!!
We came across a shop that looked cute enough at first glance...a closer look made us realize that it was a "cougar" shop...you know, for hot older women. In case you can't read the shirts, Tara's says "Trophy Wife" and Britt's says "Botox Free"...who would seriously wear these shirts?! Needless to say, we didn't spend any time in this store!
Sara and her artichoke hat!

Sunset on the boardwalk...gorgeous but freezing!

We warmed up with dinner at Bonzai Bistro...it was DELICIOUS!
Our dessert that our waiter made a ton bigger for us becuase he felt like he gave us bad service...we didn't notice the bad service but we sure loved the huge dessert!

The mixologist Sara, who made some slammin' italian sodas

The happy customers!

Brittany is reading her 10 year predictions from Megster's phone and apparently Sara and I were finding it quite hilarious.

Sunday lunch at Scratch. FANTASTIC food...Britt, Tara, and Sara all got the "Grown Up Grilled Cheese" and oh...my...goodness. It was to die for!
4 comments:
Oh I LOVED your post Jen, not just the pictures but the message too. It as hilarious and it sounds like you guys had so much fun. I just love that the 5 of you are still such good friends.
YEAH! I didn't take any pictures so keep thinking I need to steal them from somebody else so that I can post too. What a great weekend with great girls.
Girls! Continue this wonderful tradition. I LOVE THE STORIES!
LOVE the new picture of Anna Bear!
Such a doll...Love it honey! MOM
Post a Comment