Monday, February 1, 2010

Full Moon

I thought it was time to give a little update on the kiddos (yes, plural...I know, it still sounds weird to me!) I had to include this picture of Anna taken this past weekend at night. I put her to bed, and I heard her up there for about 45 minutes talking to herself and moving around. I should have known better than to not check on her, but there were no cries, and then eventually it was quiet. So I stopped in on my way to bed and this is what I found (keep in mind, she is not potty trained yet):

She had unzipped her jammies, pulled them as far as she could (she wears special shoes to bed, so she couldn't pull the jammies over her feet) and then managed to rip her diaper off. Then fell asleep. That is one busy girl!

Anna is keeping us on our toes these days. She is two and is acting her age to the best of her ability! She might be the most hormonal, emotional two year old I've ever met. It seems like one minute she can be happy and playful and the next minute she is laying in a heap on the floor throwing a fit and crying.

Funny story...today, she woke up from her nap and Dane was here with her to give her lunch. He had made pizza for lunch which is one of her favorites...seems like a no brainer, huh? She was all excited to see the pizza and then she sees the milk that Dane brought her...in a PURPLE cup. Gasp!! Can you believe it?! The nerve he had to bring the milk in a PURPLE cup, instead of her ever favorite BLUE cup. Anna protested and whined for a good 5 minutes and Dane told her she had her milk in the purple cup and she could drink it or not. She eventually did, but she gave it a good fight! It's just little, every day things like that when she randomly freaks out. As hormonal as she can be right now, she is still our sweet little bear and ever so snuggly.

She is learning more and more each day and for a while now, has been able to say the ABC's and she knows all of the letters and what sounds they make. She can count to 10 and is working on 11-20...she gets lost in the teens somewhere, but it's sure cute to listen to! A couple of weeks ago, we took her in for her 2 yr appointment and they said she's doing great. She weighs 30 lbs and is 35 inches long...that was in the 75-90th percentile for both. She is definitely growing into herself and out of the baby fat! She had several shots at her appt, but it was nothing an otter pop couldn't soothe afterwards. We have to take her back in a couple weeks for her follow up H1N1 shot, so more good times to come! :)

As for the little boy that I'm growing, he is thriving as well! He moves around constantly...I'm not kidding...all the time! Sometimes I wonder if he ever sleeps! We had an appointment today (I'm 30 weeks already!) and all looked good. My check ups are really quick right now, but in a few more weeks I'll start going weekly and they will include a more detailed exam, if you know what I mean. :) I was really irratated though because we were suppose to go in for an ultrasound today after the dr. appt. and for some reason they didn't have my appt on their books. Grr.. This has happened before there, and it's starting to get annoying. We were really looking forward to seeing the baby again and I'm tired of missing work for nothing. We'll go in again next Monday for the ultrasound so they can keep an eye on my "low lying placenta". When I had the 20 week ultrasound, I guess it showed that my placenta was lying right next to my cervix, and it's suppose to move away and up as I grow and get bigger. Let's hope it shows positive results!


4 comments:

Sara Jones said...

That picture is AWESOME! We have a very similar one of Aubrey but she did manage to make it to 100% naked. It's what I like to do too when I have a spare minute falling asleep. :-)

I'm sorry that you're ultrasound didn't work out, that is VERY unprofessional to not have an appointment written down. Low lying placenta not great but more pictures of a cute baby boy are wonderful!

Our Dane flipped out today because I ate a potato off his plate that he had walked away from. He was appeased when I pretended to regurgitate it and put it back on his plate. Then he walked away from it again. I think being two might be its very own mental illness.

Allisha said...

I LOVE the naked bootie picture of Anna. It reminded me of the other night when she took her PJ's off like 3 times while I was there. She must really like being naked. What a silly girl

Angela said...

LOVE the picture. that made me laugh hard. :)
Regarding the low lying placenta I had that with two of my pregnancies and it always resolved...hope yours does too!!! OH and my doc has "lost" my appt as well I even had the appt card in my hand with the time on it and they said "sorry we have to fit in our "real" 9am appts first!" I was so frustrated. anyways, i feel your pain.

Diane said...

I love the hint of "Maui" suntan on Anna's buns....she sure didn't get a suntan in Olympia!!!