Sunday, April 10, 2011

Drew turns 1!!

Our baby boy turned 1 on Friday! So hard to believe...I mean, I know I say it a lot, but I truly mean it this time...where has the past year gone?! We decided to tone it down quite a bit for Drew's 1st birthday party, so we just invited family over, instead of house full of friends, family and a bunch of kids. The party was perfect, both sets of grandparents were here as well as Dane's brother and family. We had pizza, grapes, salad and lots of cupcakes! Drew was a trooper through most of it, but after he opened presents he desperately needed a nap, so he napped for the second portion of his party. Here are some pictures documenting the momentous occasion! Sorry that they are all out of order...they make it so hard to move pictures around on this stupid site, I don't even want to fuss with it. But you get the idea: Mmmm...cupcake.




Anna, not missing one drop of frosting.
Cousin Cole, Uncle Neil and Anna diving into their cupcakes
Big boy getting so close to walking! He's taken about 4 steps on his own, and then doesn't trust himself, so he goes to his knees. Any day now he'll just take off! He loves this walker!


My attempt at sports themed cupcakes. Dont' judge the soccer balls...those were hard!
This was on Friday (Drew's actual birthday) when I came home for lunch. Nana had dropped off a cake for his big day, so after we had our lunch we got some yummy cake!
Home on my lunch break celebrating with the birthday boy. I REALLY didn't want to go back to work that day. :(


Here's bubba, not too sure about his hat. :)


Happy Birthday Drew (aka Bubba, Bubbs, Drewskie, Bubby, little man)!! We all love you to the moon and back. You are such a joy in our lives and an absolute blessing that I thank God for every day! My eyes swell with tears when I feel the overwhelming amount of love I feel for you. We adore your sense of humor, your giggle, those toothy grins, your admiration of your sister, your kissable cheeks, your tickleish feet and tummy, your love of food, your curiosity, and all the other endless traits that make you who you are.

4 comments:

Allisha said...

I can not believe that Drew is 1 already! Seriously, where did that year go? Doesn't it seem like since you had kids your life is in fast forward now? Time goes by so fast with little munchkins around!! I can't wait to see you tomorrow!

Madge said...

Oh my gosh Jenny, I can't believe what a cute little man he is and how big Anna is now. They grow too fast. PS my capcha code is patell, none of your kids need that right?

Greg Jones said...

Yeah for precious one year old boys!!

Kristin said...

Your kids are just the most precious little people!! Drew is one...what the heck? I love all the pictures, esp the ones with frosting covered faces. Makes me hungry. :)