Tomorrow is the beginning of the NCAA college basketball tournament and I'm stoked! Every year our friends fill out our brackets and put money on the deal and it makes it so exciting to follow along with the games and keep your bracket up to date. Last year I came in second and won money, so this year I'm feeling pretty sure of myself! :) GO UCLA!!
Another fun thing that Dane is doing with the tournament is a contest through a local a.m. radio station that he listens to (it's all sports news). Listeners called in and put up a "prize package" offer and the radio station accepted only 16. Dane's got accepted! Then these 16 people offering the prizes got together and drew four teams each, and whoever has the winning team of the tournament wins all 16 prize packages. Some of these prizes are AMAZING!! For example....recarpeting your entire house (plus installation), a condo in Hawaii for TWO weeks (or two condos in Hawaii for one week), yard care/maintance for one year, four rounds of golf at a nice golf course (w/ lunch before and drinks after)...I mean the list just goes on! Well, Dane and two of his buddies got together to put up a prize of bartending services for a party of 25 people (providing the booze as well) plus, a friend of ours has a side business of selling sports memoribilia (cards, etc) and he's offering a signed Ichiro card, a signed Hasselbeck card, and a signed Felix Hernandez card. The guys are very excited to be a part of it and I'm excited at the possibility of winning all of these wonderful prizes!! They have drawn their teams and the best shot we have of winning is if Tennessee wins it all. Not one of the most likely teams to take it all, but there's a chance. Our second best chance is Gonzaga...again, not too likely, but at least they will be fun to cheer for! :) Anyways, wish us luck...mama needs new carpeting and a trip to Hawaii!
First Day of School 2015
10 years ago
1 comments:
You go girl, I love March Madness too. Greg has UCLA winning it all too. I have UCLA losing to Stanford in the final four but North Carolina winning it all. Can you believe how close Duke came to losing???
It would be AWESOME if Dane won that contest. Do you think God minds if you pray for a win? :-)
Post a Comment