Monday, December 15, 2008

Anna's 1st Birthday Party!!





The Birthday Girl!!

Singing Happy Birthday...
Not quite sure what to think about this
Well, okay, maybe a couple bites...














Maybe I'll just start shoveling it in...that seems easier







Anna's friends that came to celebrate with us!








The birthday girl with her Grandpa and Papa











Mommy and her big girl (tear, tear)
Sunday was big day for us in the Bauersfeld home...Anna had her first birthday party and it was such a great day! She doesn't actually turn one until the 17th, but we invited friends and family over to help us celebrate a little early. My parents got into town earlier that morning to help wiht some last minute preparations (after worrying they wouldn't be able to come at all due to this crazy winter storm) and so we finished up some decorating and cleaning while Anna took a really crappy nap. Yes, perfect. Please Anna, only sleep for 45 minutes, waking up at 10:30, only to find her one big crabby apple. Her party was at 1:00 p.m. and at 12:45 I didn't want to even imagine trying to keep her up for another 2-3 hours in the mood she was in. So I made the executive decision to put her down for a nap 15 minutes before her party started. She was asleep in an instant and slept for an hour, waking up to a house full of people, with her attitude completely changed around. Whoo hoo...let the party begin!
We had a house full, which included my parents, Dane's parents and his brother and his family, as well as all of our friends and their little babies/kids. I'd say we had about 25-30 people and we just feel so blessed that so many people love our daughter and came to celebrate with us. We ate, visited, opened gifts (the girl made a haul...clothes, books, toys...you name it, she got it!) and of course had birthday cake! :) She was pretty dainty about it at first not really sure what to make of it, but once she got a good taste of it, she was all over it! We of course got video and pictures to document it all. We had to use Neil and Holly's camera because we lost our battery charger so our camera was dead...yeah, perfect timing. There are some more pictures I will share later once I get a cd from Holly with all the pictures. There is an ADORABLE picture of Dane and Anna that I will have to post once I get it...it's priceless and melts my heart. :)
It was a wonderful day but I'll tell you what...it was an exhausting weekend! Saturday consisted solely of cleaning the house...every room needed a thorough, deep clean. Badly. So we cleaned and cleaned and cleaned, and then Sunday was just tiring with all the festivites...I need a few days off just to recoup! I have to say I think Anna has already gotten a sweet tooth from her mama...here's a funny story. Dane picked up Anna from daycare today and Kathy had made some fresh out of the oven cookies and had given us three to take home. Well, they were on a paper plate and here's Dane with the backpack slung over one shoulder, Anna in one arm, the cookies in the other hand trying to get out the door. Apparently as Dane was getting to the car Anna got her little paws on one of the cookies and immediately started eating it. Dane tried taking it out of her hands and she ripped about a 1/4 of the cookie off and shoved it all in her mouth. Dane figured she had her first cake yesterday, why not a cookie today? :) Straight from daycare, they came and picked me up from work (my car was in the shop today...grrr) and she just looked all a mess. The chocolate remains on her face and hair (which was now crusted and plastered to her forehead) chocolate chunks melted on the front of her pj's (no, she did not get dressed this morning...it was about 2 degrees here today...we figured fleece footed pj's would be nice for her) along with other food and dirt from the day on her pjs. And to top it off we had to stop at Target on the way home, and as we're standing in the check out Dane leans over and says "I feel like white trash having Anna out in public looking the way she does". I look at Anna and just had to laugh. She was quite the sight!
She's out little angel made just for us and we are so lucky to have been blessed with her as our daughter. I can't believe it's almost been a year...

2 comments:

Diane said...

Happy Birthday Anna! Today is the big day. Grandpa and Grandma LOVE you to pieces.....God Bless you little girl! Way to go Jen and Dane, it was a wonderful party!
MOM

Angela said...

Happy Birthday Anna! Isn't it scary how fast the time flies by? She is just precious, glad you had such a great party. I totally understand about the exhaustion, as fun as the parties are...they are exhausting!!!! Take care!