Monday, December 8, 2008

Yes, we're alive!





I became aware of how long it had been since my last post, when I got a message from Sara the other night saying she was worried about me and wondering if I was okay....oops! What can I say except life is crazy and I've become lazy about keeping in touch. Shame on me and I have every intention of being better. Except for this week. I have a list a mile long of things I need to accomplish before this Sunday. What is this Sunday you might be asking yourself? Anna's 1st birthday party!! She is going to be turning 1 on the 17th so we're throwing her a party on Sunday for family and friends. I can't believe I have a 1 year old. And I can't believe how stressed out I am about everything I still need to clean/buy/prepare.

We just returned yesterday from a whirlwind trip to Oregon. We stayed Friday night with my parent's to break up the trip, and Saturday morning hopped back in the car and continued south the Monmouth, OR to visit with Dane's family. We spent Saturday visiting with his Dad's family and then on Sunday headed over to his grandparent's house for a wonderful meal with his mom's side of the family. There was a lot of food consumed over the course of the weekend and lots of little kids and babies running all over the place, and of course great conversations. Sadly, we can't find the charger for our camera battery so I don't have any fun pictures to share. I had to steal the two I posted from an email my mom sent! It was a great weekend, but very tiring. All I know is we are ready to stay home for a while. I feel like we've been on the go a lot lately and we are all looking forward to the holidays in town.

We're looking forward to more family time for Christmas...we will be spending Christmas Eve day at Dane's parent's house along with Neil and Holly and the kids. That evening we'll come home and my parent's will be spending the night with us here and we'll be celebrating Christmas day together which will be wonderful. It'll be fun to see what Anna does with her gifts...probably ingest a whole lot of paper if we're not watching carefully. :)

Speaking of that little doll, she continues to be the center of our universe. She is becoming such a loving and hilarious little girl. She says cute little things all the time and tries to imitate what we're saying with the inflection in her voice. It makes us laugh every time. I was giving her some dinner the other night and I was blowing on it to cool it down and I told her "we have to blow on it because it's hot". Anna gets this smile on her face and whispers "hoottt". I don't know why she whispers it but now every time I blow on food before I give it to her she says "hoottt", all drawn out like that and then smile and looks all proud of herself:) Gotta love her. The pictures above were taken at my parent's house...my mom picked her up and put her on the window seal so she could watch daddy load up the car. I love the one of her mouth on the window with her cheeks puffed up! What a ham. :)

I'm just going to say it right now and get it out in the open...I'm probably going to cry when she turns one. I get choked up thinking about it.

2 comments:

Diane said...

Ahhhhhhhhhh Jen...Mom's are allowed to cry WHENEVER they want to...that first birthday only happens once...ok I guess they all do. Grandpa and I are looking forward to sharing her day. Love, MOM

Jules said...

Jen, just wait till her first day of Kindergarten when she doesn't want you to walk into her class with her because that is obviously embarrassing. Then wait till, after you've insisted on going in, she won't let you give her a kiss good-bye because that would be REALLY embarrassing. I was already in disbelief that one of my babies was actually going to school so that did NOT help the situation. That was my turd Sara and yes I did go sit in my car and cry. I bet Aubrey will be a LOT nicer to her. :)