Sunday, June 28, 2009

Recap

Well, it's been a while since I've posted so I thought I should get to it for those that eagerly await updates on our little family.

Anna has fully recovered from her horrid Hand Foot Mouth Disease. It lasted about a week and that is one week I hope to never have to relive. Now we've all moved on to colds. Dane and I seem to have it the worst, but it all started with Anna. Thank you my love. :)

The colds didn't slow us down this weekend though. Saturday after Anna's nap we headed to a park where the Thurston County Mushroom Festival was going on. I know it sounds weird, but it we thought it would be fun. It was okay. They really do "celebrate the mushroom" and people cook them in all sorts of different ways and then you can vote on your favorite. There's more to the festival than just that though..Dane and I both hate mushrooms, so we went for the big corn dog! Yum. :) They had a "Kidz Zone" with all sorts of activities for the little ones. Anna "fished" (really just played in the water) in the little kiddie pool, kicked the soccer balls into the nets and played with the cool bubble station. There is a big playground at this park as well, so we spent some time letting her run around and taking a turn on the swing.

Then Saturday afternoon, Dane had to work but before he left he blew up our little kiddie pool for Anna and she and I spent an hour or so splashing around. Our neighbors came over as well (their little girl is 2) and joined us, so it turned out to be a nice afternoon in the sun. :)
So today was interesting to say the least. I think that tomorrow we may be putting an offer on a house! If it seems like this is out of the blue, it is. Kind of. Dane's life long dream has been to own a home on a lake, so he is constantly searching to make sure he's not missing out on a deal. Well, we ran across one on Long Lake (maybe 10 minutes away from our current home) that has potential. It is listed out of our price range, but it's been on the market for over a year and the listing agent said they are willing to come down considerably on the price. So we're going to give it a try...it might be a long shot, but we at least want to see if they would take our offer. So here's the skinny on the house: It's a 1980's home, 2300 sq ft., 4 bdrm, 2 1/2 bath, with 100 ft. of lake frontage. It has a beautiful deck and a great little swim area out back. It's been vacant for the past year, so it needs some tlc. The landscaping is going to need some work, and the house itself is outdated, but not unlivable. The carpet and everything is in good condition (maybe not the prettiest) but the light fixtures, cabinets, bathrooms are all dated (but still in good shape). I had to have been an old couple that lived there (apparently they have passed) because it really doesn't show much wear, unlike if a family of 5 had lived there. It's all VERY exciting and scary at the same time. Ideally, we would like to keep our current house and rent it out as an investment, but loan rules have changed drastically and there's no way we could afford it. So, it's scary to think about selling our house in this market...who knows what we could get for it if it even sells at all. Our offer is going to be pretty weak since it will be contingent on the sale of our house, contingent on an inspection, and contingent on financing....and considerably under their asking price. However, the listing agent actually said the following "We are going to sell this house this summer one way or another...even if it has to go on ebay." He also said the seller (who is just the executor of the estate) would probably be willing to come down $30-40k more. I really do think they are just looking to get rid of it and get it off their hands. Hopefully, they will be satisfied with our numbers!

Anyways, we'll keep you guys posted with what happens! Hope everyone else had a lovely weekend as well! I've attached a few pictures of the girl from our day on Saturday...enjoy. :)

3 comments:

Allisha said...

Oh man I'm so jealous that you went to the mushroom festival!!! We were supposed to but let's just say our weekend didn't go as planned. I actually LOVE mushrooms and was really looking forward to going. :(Anyways I'm glad you posted something new it has been a while and I do eagerly await new posts from you. Good luck on the house although I'm not looking forward to you moving farther away from me. I hope you feel better soon!!!!
Luv ya!!!

Sara Jones said...

The Mushroom Festival cracked me up, just because I hate mushrooms. Still, I can imagine it being a fun place for a kid.

I am excited to hear about the house. The thing about your offer is even if it's weak it's on your terms and if it works than wow, it was meant to be. That's big news, keep us posted.

Diane said...

One thing you can always count on.....change...it is constant.
Good luck with the house deal, Jen.