Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Its gotta be said...

I am a newcomer this season to "So You Think You Can Dance". So far I'm loving it. The dancing is fantastic and more times than not, I am left with goosebumps after their performances.

With that being said...what is the deal with the woman judge's voice?! I'm not even sure what her name is (Mary?) but I literally have to mute the tv when she is giving her critique. Especially when she gets all exciting and squeely and screechy. Oh. My. Goodness. My poor ears. I didn't know the human voice could get to that decibal.

I know there are other SYTYCN fans out there...does her voice make any of you deaf as well? Maybe I have ultra sensitive ears, but holy cow. Unlike anything I've ever heard.

Stay tuned for tomorrow's post to disclose what gender this baby I'm growing is going to be!!

3 comments:

Sara Jones said...

While I don't disagree with you (in fact, I think many people out there agree with you), Mary doesn't bother me as much as I think she should. Her voice really is high and she does squeal a lot. Nigel is my favorite judge by far. I'm on the fence with Adam. In the past Adam was on a rotating judge panel and I miss that. There were a lot of other choreographers out there with good advice.

I love it that you are into the show. We are SYTYCD geeks as you well know.

Can't wait to hear from you tomorrow!

Jules said...

Oh Jen, I couldn't agree with you more, Mary makes both Wayne and I insane and I'd rather listen to fingernails on a chalkboard than her shrill voice. As bad as her speaking voice is when she does that shriek of hers the hair on the back of my neck stands on end. She nearly ruins the show for me. I literally just channel surf when she's doing her critiquing. Even that stupid perpetual botox-induced smile of hers irritates me. Adam gives me a pain in my butt too but still, gotta love the dancers and yes, I'm a fellow addict.

CAN'T WAIT TO HERE WHAT BAUERSFELD BABY #2 IS!!!! I still say girl. I also think Sara is having a girl.

Allisha said...

I like that show!! I watched the last couple of seasons but haven't really seen this season. Mary is a bit on the annoying side especially with her "Hot Tamale Train" :)and her crazy shrieking gets to be a bit much.
I'm really excited about the baby!!! Can't wait to hear name possibilities!!