I sat down to write this a half an hour ago, and then Dane walked in the door with a Butterfinger Blizzard for me. God bless good husbands...and blizzards.
So the BIG news of the day (besides my blizzard) is that we are having a BOY!!!!! We are so so excited and look forward to adding a baby boy to our family. I asked Anna tonight if she wanted a baby brother to live with us. She responded "no". I asked her if she wanted a baby sister to live with us. She said "no". So then I asked her if she wanted a million dollars to her name. She said "no". Can you guess what her favorite word is? :) I know Anna is going to love being a big sister once the shock wears off and I am sure she will take her new role seriously. One thing is for sure; this little boy is going to get so many hugs and kisses from his sister!
I've just gotta say that I was shocked when the technician told us we were having a boy. I was POSITIVE we were going to have another girl. This preganacy has been exactly the same as it was with Anna, I feel like I'm carrying the same, and it just felt like a girl. We were referring to the baby as "she" and everything. So when she said it is a boy, I was very surprised! Then I was overwhelmed with joy and the tears began to flow. :) I can't imagine what it's going to be like to have a boy in our family, but I can't wait to find out!
I am sure we will have many "boy" related questions, so those of you with boys, be prepared to give lots of parental advice. For example...I've always wondering how you potty train a boy. Do they stand up? Do they sit down? If they sit down, do you have to point their "man bits" (thanks Sara, I love that term) down? Otherwise, doesn't it miss the toilet? So many unknowns...there's going to be lots more where that came from. :)
We couldn't be happier for the newest addition to our family, and now we just need to agree on a name! We can't wait to meet you baby boy Bauersfeld!
First Day of School 2015
11 years ago
5 comments:
CONGRATULATIONS! Boys are wonderful, you will love raising both. Such fun news. Greg says you guys have only two more kids to catch up! :-)
We potty train out boys to pee standing. Much more manly. And yes, tucking of bits is important in all situations. I have had poop in the potty and pee on the wall. Aim takes a LONG LONG time. But don't worry about that yet. Worry about getting pee arched across 2 feet during bath time. That comes first.
YEAH BAUERSFELD FAMILY!
NO WAY!!!! I would have bet money that your mom and dad were going to get granddaughter #6! How exciting and congratulations to all 4 of you. And my phone line is open at all times to answer any boy question you have. :) However, through my daycare I did learn a valuable lesson, the SECOND the diaper comes off to put on a clean one throw something, anything, over the little hose if you don't want a urine facial. I'm still scarred by the one I got about 14 years ago. You just would not even believe the distance those things can shoot. Other than that, I don't even know if you wipe a baby boys' nose different than a girls.
Congratulations, how VERY exciting! boys are blast, you're going to love it. :)
Jen....we love the idea of a baby grandson!!! I think he should be named "Butch Bauersfeld"...that way playground time will never give him a problem!! Love you..
How exciting! A daughter AND a son. Sounds like a great combo to me!
Post a Comment