Monday, July 26, 2010

Like mother, like daughter

On Sunday, Dane and I had a wonderful day in Seattle with friends and family at the Mariner's game. We were gone from about 10:30 a.m. until about 6:30 p.m....now keep in mind I am nursing Drew. I last fed him at 8:30 a.m. That's 10 hours without any sort of nursing or pumping (Safeco field isn't the most "pumping friendly" location). So needless to say when I got home last night, I was ready for some sweet release! I immediately sat down and started to pump because Drew wasn't ready to eat yet (plus I probably would have drowned him) and Anna was very interested in what I was doing. She was staring intently the whole time and when I was done, I set my stuff down and went up to the sink. A minute or two later I look over and this is what I
found:


She was doing her darndest to provide more milk for baby Drew! :) Gotta love her for trying! :)

We really did have a wonderful weekend. Our friend Matt (a guy that we worked with on the cruise ship) and his fiance Kelley were in town from Thursday to Sunday from Chicago, so we had a great time showing them a good time in Olympia. They are expecting their first baby in October, so we shed all of our wisdom on them, so they should now raise the perfect child. They came with us to the Mariner's game on Sunday as well as Neil and Holly (Dane's brother and his wife). GORGEOUS weather and a great game...couldn't ask for more! Well, maybe a little more...poor Matt was really sick. He and Dane stayed out and had a little too much fun on Saturday night, and apparently Matt doesn't bounce back as well as he use to! I had no sympathy for him for a while, but when he was still throwing up at the baseball game hours later, I started feeling slightly bad. They actually ended up leaving early and taking a taxi back to Kelly's aunt's house. Okay, now I felt bad. :( Matt thinks he had food poisening or something...um, yeah, if that's what he wants to call it. :) All in all, it was a great weekend!

7 comments:

Angela said...

that picture is hilarious! she is really concentrating! :)

Allisha said...

I love that picture of Anna!!! Those are the priceless things that kids do that you'll be so glad you captured on camera (However when Anna gets older she might not be so glad you have a picture of it):) What a funny little girl!!!

Unknown said...

Jen...cute> I love the one when Anna lifted her shirt to nurse her
baby doll!! the act of innocense.

Carrie McCoy said...

This brings back memories: I remember pumping at a Mariners game. We were fortunate enough to be in one of the suites, so I had a pretty private bathroom and used batteries in my pump so that I didn't have to plug it in. I went into one of the stalls and did my thing. Then I took the pumped milk and put it in a cooler that I brought.
The joys of motherhood! :)
Glad you had a good time!

Jules said...

I have a picture of Sara nursing Johanna and right next to her is Aubrey nursing her beloved "baby" Sophie. Great black-mail pictures.

Diane said...

I hope the internet police do not get you for "child pornography"...

Kristin said...

There might be a cuter picture of something somewhere than Anna trying to pump, but I can't think what it might be. :) What a couple of dolls you have there.