Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!

We had such a terrific Halloween! We went to a community church that was holding a big festival with lots of games, candy, food, and fun. It was packed! We went with our friends and they're little girl, Leah. The girls had tons of fun with all the games, and Anna consumed way too much candy for one day. She very rarely gets candy, so she was kind of going nuts with it! I figure it's Halloween, and we might as well let her experience it for all it is! Hopefully she doesn't have too big of a gut ache in bed tonight. :)


After leaving the "Halloween party" (which is what the girls were calling it) our friends came back to our house for dinner and Alex and Lexa took the girls around our neighborhood to a few houses for trick-or-treating. I'm bummed I didn't get to go with Anna, but Drew was SO tired and I needed to get him ready for bed and put him down, and Dane was cooking us dinner, so Anna just went with the Donnellys. They said that Anna went up the houses and instead of saying "Trick-or-Treat!" she would say "I want candy!". :) That's my girl.
Because Blogger is so not user-friendly when downloading pictures, mine are all out of order. This first picture is actually one from work on Friday...several of my coworkers in my department dressed up as garden gnomes! It was so much fun! We even won "best group costume"! I'm the grandpa gnome in the middle, in cast you couldn't tell. :)
Here's Anna about 5 candy bars into the night at the church festival. I think at this point, she was just spinning around in circles. :) And yes, I think that's a melted Snickers in her hand.
Here's Anna the pretty princess and Leah, the adorable giraffe. Anna was awfully amused by her costume!
Awwee...so sweet!
ROAR! Here's Drew as a ferocious lion. The costume is adorable, but we had to take the jacket off of him as soon as we got in the church because he was sweating to death! He still looked adorable!

3 comments:

Sara Jones said...

Oh, I always love Halloween costume posts. I need to get something up. YOu have inspired me, maybe tonight! Your kids are darling.

Diane said...

Love the costumes...How many years
will Anna be the princess.....3 like you did? Couldn't get your tu-tu off you for several years.

Kristin said...

Such great costumes! They are so adorable. The picture of Anna with the Snickers made me laugh out loud. Glad you had such and awesome Halloween!