Thursday, January 17, 2008

One month old!







Is it unbelievable to anyone else that Anna is already one month old?! Dane and I can't believe it...our little baby girl has already been with us for a whole month. It has been such an incredible experience so far, unlike anything that we will ever go through. She has completely stolen our hearts and it's so much fun to see her growing right before our eyes. We've experienced her first smile (while awake) and that was so rewarding. To hold her in front of us and talk to her while giving her big smiles and to see her return the favor is so awesome! I've yet to capture it on camera, but once I do I'll send out pictures. I feel like she's growing every day, and Dane and I both notice her hair growing already. It's so cute after we give her a bath and it dries, her hair is really fluffy and kind of stands straight up. :) It's pretty adorable. :)

We took Anna for her first camping trip this week, and she did great! Our friends Adam and Courtney invited us to go along with them and their little boy Jaxson to rent a cabin on a lake about an hour away. So when I say "camping" I mean staying in a four bedroom cabin with a kitchen, bathroom/shower, and queen sized beds. Like I would go tent camping with a 1 month old! :) It was a lot of fun and it was great to have a change of scenery for a couple days. We left Tuesday morning and came home Wednesday afternoon...just the right amount of time. We went for a walk around the campground, went for a boat ride (slowly) on Adam's new boat and spent the evening inside playing Apples to Apples, Cribbage and Phase Ten. It was just what we needed, and Anna did fabulously. She slept like a champ and was such a good girl for her first trip away from home. We have planned another road trip for next week. It'll be her first visit to Grandma and Grandpa's house! We are going to leave next Tuesday and drive all the way down to Monmouth, OR where Dane's grandparents live. Hopefully Anna does good on the drive so the great-grandparents can meet her, and then that evening we'll head back up to Portland and stay with my parents until Thursday. My mom has Wednesday off, so she should get sufficient snuggle time in! :)

Some exciting news that happened this week is that Sara had their third baby on Monday! It was another little boy and they named him....Dane! That is a name that they had chosen before my Dane came into the picture, but it's still so much fun to have another Dane in our lives! Little Dane is so beautiful and perfect and we are so happy for the Jones' family. We can't wait to meet the newest addition. I'm already thinking up ways that Anna and little Dane can grow up and fall in love with each other so that we can be in-laws with Sara and Greg! Wouldn't that be great Sara?! :)

Anna is starting to fuss, so I'd better go tend to her. I've attached some new pictures for you all to enjoy! We hope that everyone is having a wonderful start to their 2008! All our love.

1 comments:

Diane said...

Jenny, Jenny, Jenny...It is so fun to hear you planning little Anna's future. I can't wait for the moment she comes home and says, "Mom, Dad I've met a guy on a cruise ship and we are going to jump ship together and live on a deserted island...oh, by the way I will not be marrying that Dane Jones!"
We are looking forward to watching you experience parenthood...it is wonderful!
Grandma & Grandpa D