We just got back into town today from our trip to Oregon. It was Anna's first long car ride and she did great...we are very lucky that she does so well in her carseat and in the car. She sleeps the entire time, only to wake up to eat, and then it's back to sleep she goes! I know these things can change, so we're enjoying it while it lasts. :) We took off Tuesday morning and drove down to Monmouth, OR where Anna got to meet her great-grandparents and we all enjoyed the visit very much. Dane's grandma made us a wonderful dinner and we visited for a couple of hours and then headed over to his aunt's house for another visit. It was wonderful to see everyone and I think everyone agreed that Anna is pretty precious. :) That night we headed back to Portland to stay a couple of nights with my parents. It was Anna's first stay at grandma and grandpa's house and she was welcomed with eager and open arms. My mom had Wednesday off from work so we had a nice and relaxing day around the house which included a nap for me (that was my highlight!) and a yummy beef stew for dinner.
On our drive home today I got completely stressed out thinking that I had LOST my wedding ring. This was a ring that Dane received from his grandpa (he was a jeweler) and just for Christmas this year Dane replaced the diamond in it with a gorgeous new, larger diamond that was passed down after his grandma passed away a couple months ago. So needless to say, this ring has a lot of sentimental and monitary value to it and as we were just getting back into town I look down and I don't see it on my finger. YIKES! I remembered taking it off to put lotion on my hands, but I just couldn't remember where. So we get home and I look all over the car and under the seat...nothing. I call my mom and pray that she was going to come across it there...nothing. I even went as far as calling the restaurant that we stopped at for lunch and asked them to go out into the parking lot and look on the ground thinking that it was on my lap when I got out of the car and now it's laying on the pavement somewhere...nothing. By now I am near tears and I decide to take a flashlight to look in the car again and I point it under my seat and it catches something shiny way back there up against the seat...MY RING!! My beautiful, beautiful ring!I've never felt so much relief as I did at that moment! I can't imagine if I had actually lost it...no other ring would have been able to replace it and I think I would have felt guilty for the rest of my life. But alas, I can sleep easy tonight! :) Just thought I'd share my scary story!
I'm attaching a couple cute pictures that we've taken of Anna. I love the bathtub shot. :) I'm going to try and be better about posting pictures on here...I feel like she's changing so much, we need to capture it more often!


3 comments:
Thanks for the great pictures.
She's perfect...
Grandma D
Jen, she is so big already! I also see a lot more of you in her in this batch of pictures. It's amazing how quick they loose that newborn look. Sigh...when will we meet her??? Are you planning any Yakima trips? We could meet in the middle.
Beautiful little girl! Yes, when will we meet her? I'll be in Seattle in May . . . . maybe then!
Post a Comment