
My grandpa saying a few words and getting choked up with tears
Grandma and Grandpa and every one of the grandkids
Our little family
My brother and his family (minus Shyanne)
My pops and my aunt Sandy
Adorable nieces Savannah and Samantha
My beautiful baby girl with her usual concerned look on her face
Shandra and Samantha with uncle Dane in the hot tub...they absolutely adore him!
Mommy and daughterWhat a wonderful weekend we had with my family in Yakima! My Grandpa turned 80 years old and we surprised him with a wonderful birthday party with ALL of his family there. This has not happened in probably 7-10 years! Every family member was there except for one of the great-grandchildren (Shyanne was not able to make it unfortunately). We gathered at a banquet room at Holy Family Church and my Grandma told him that they were going there for a birthday party for one of their friends...he didn't suspect a thing!! We had someone on lookout and when they walked through the door we all yelled surprise, and I thought for a moment that he was going to fall backwards! He was very surprised and just as I suspected, the tears began to flow. It meant a lot to him that people made the effort to come together for him...it got me all choked up too.
We had a wonderful day full of eating, visiting and catching up. Dane and I brought a lawn game that everyone had fun with outside (bean bags) and there were footballs to play catch with and babies to play with. I must add by the way that Anna put on a VERY good show for everyone! :) She got many comments about her chubbiness and how it was the sweetest thing...I agree!
We stayed at a hotel with my parents and after the birthday party, Shandra and Samantha came back to the hotel and went swimming...uncle Dane got in the hot tub with them, but the water was barely 80 degrees...brrr! Anna's tubs are hotter that than! Needless to say, that didn't last too long. Anna fell asleep like a champ and Dane and I were alseep by 10:00!
I think we are all grateful to be home for a while now. We don't have any other trips planned for the summer, with the exception of a weekend in OR to visit Dane's grandparents soon. We're not sure when, but probably this month sometime. Dane said he would be happy to not be back in Yakima for quite some time now. We've been there three out of the last four weekends! I don't blame him. :)
Well, Anna's napping right now so I should go and be a good little housewife and get some chores done or something. Or maybe I'll just sit on the couch and watch soaps with my bon bon's. :) Gotta love not having a job!
4 comments:
Thank you for being a regular stay at home blogger! Please keep it coming, I expect something new every day. I'm such a big cry baby, when you said your Grandpa got choked up it made me wheepy, maybe I just miss you. :)~
Jen,
Yes, the weekend was GREAT!
It was so nice to see you cousins together again....little Anna was quite the hit at the party! (We never had any doubt, did we!)
Love to you all....MOM
Jen, that top picture of Anna is ADORABLE!! I'm glad your weekend was so good and that your grandfather was properly honored. I've only met him a couple of times but think he is such a nice, sweet guy.
One more thing, I also love your family picture, it is so cute with little Anna's hand on her daddy's face. That about choked me up.
Okay, I think both new pictures you have up of Anna are awesome. The top one of course but that one off to the side is great too.
It sounds like the party was perfect. Family rocks!
How are you doing being at home? I need to call you during the day, I keep forgetting that i can.
Good luck at your interview tomorrow!
Post a Comment