Living in Western Washington I am usually one of the first people to jump for joy when the warm weather is upon us. I try to never complain when it's toasty out because I know it's probably going to be short lived...but come on! 95 degrees?! What are us pasty Olympians suppose to do in weather like this? Nobody has a pool around here because we see weather like this maybe 5 days a year and I would go turn on the sprinkler and sit in it with Anna, but our grass is currently like hay, so I don't see the fun in that either. Plus, we would both be fried in about 2.5 seconds.
So what have we done these past few days of scorching heat you might ask? We try to keep our options limited to the places that only have air conditioning...which isn't many. Our friend Julie was home with their new 4 week old baby, so I went over yesterday offering my "help" (really, it was her air conditioned house that I wanted to sit in) with Brody. Okay, that's not true...I really was excited to hold him and snuggle him...air conditioning or not. But that was a bonus. :) On Thursday my sister-in-law was in town with all of our nieces doing back to school shopping so we went to the mall (beautifully air conditioned I might add) and met up wiht them for a while. Today is even hotter and Anna and I have pretty much been confined to our family room all day. We have a small ac unit in the laundry room which is off of our family room...so we open up the door and turn on the ac and it actually stays fairly cool down here. But the second you go upstairs the hot air hits you like a ton of bricks. We are seriously considering camping out down here tonight. We already have a "fort" for Anna to nap in down here...it's just too stinkin' hot in her room. We set up her pack and play and draped blankets around the edges so it stays dark...daddy thought that one up...he has his moments. :)
Well, I guess I've complained enough about it being hot. I know it's hot everywhere else and I'm sure others are miserale, but I just wanted to take this moment to whine...mostly because I'm bored. :) Dane's at work and Anna's napping and I'm pretty much confined to this room unless I want to venture into the stifiling parts of our home...no thanks.
Oh, but not to worry...our extended forcast calls for rain and more rain starting on Monday, with our temperate reaching a whopping 59 degrees on Wednesday. That's Western WA for you. Listen to me...not happy unless it's a mild 73 degrees. Geez, I'm depressing! Anyone want to hang out? :)
First Day of School 2015
11 years ago
1 comments:
Jen,
As I sit here in my AC and it is 100 outside...yes I enjoy it...I hope your heat passes soon, which you know it will. See you Monday night! MOM
Post a Comment