Thursday, September 25, 2008

Happy Mama!

Anna had such a great day at daycare today and it is such a relief for me! Finally, we're getting this thing figured out. Here's some background:

Not that Anna has been having "bad" days at daycare, but she's been struggling with a few things which in turn has been making it kind of hard on Kathy and Brittany (the providers). For one, she has really been struggling with taking a bottle from Kathy...like she won't drink any. She pushes it away before it can even get to her mouth. This is at a time when she should be pretty hungry and I know would eat a lot if I were there nursing her. She's been pretty good about eating solids there, so at least something is getting her belly. Secondly, anytime Kathy or Brittany leave Anna's sight she would cry...cry until she could see them again. This made it difficult for them to get anything done for hte other babies. They have a great room which is the kitchen and family room that open to each other, so if Kathy went around the counter the kitchen and Anna couldn't see her, she would throw a fit. Not too much fun for them! For the most part though, Anna is very happy and plays well with the toys and other kids.

Well the last two days we have gotten GREAT reports. Today she ate a whole bottle from Kathy, and a few hours later ate a WHOLE container of sweet potatoes!! She went down for both naps the last two days without making a peep (usually she fusses for about five minutes and then falls asleep)! And she took a big stinky poop over there today and I didn't have to change the diaper! :) The biggest accomplishment was that she didn't freak out when they left the room...this is huge! I'm really hoping that this isn't just a fluke and she really is feeling more comfortable in her surroundings there and is settling in.

I'm really glad these last two weeks are behind us because they have been LONG. Dane has had a catering job Tues. thru Fri. the last two weeks and on those days he's had to drop Anna off at 10:30 and I pick her up at 5:00...so they've been long days for her to be there. Next week it will get back to normal of dropping her off around 1:00 and I'll pick her up still at 5:00. We are just so happy that she's does so great over there the past couple of days. Progress!

I had such a good evening tonight with Anna. Dane was at a different catering job tonight (he's been a busy boy!) so Anna and I got in some quality mommy/daughter time. Nothing special, but we just played upstairs on our bed rolling around and laughing and playing peek-a-boo and thinking it was the best thing in the world. They we came downstairs and played with some toys and mama's furry slippers which she thought was hilarious. I kept stomping them around her and then acted like they were coming to tickle her...this was apparently some of my best stuff because she was laughing like I've never heard before! It actually brought tears to my eyes because it was so sweet and I just became overwhelmed with love for my perfect daughter. I needed that time with her and was sad to see her bed time roll around. We read several books and had some boob and fell asleep in about 2.4 seconds. What a glorious night we had...it warmed my heart. :)

5 comments:

Diane said...

WOW Anna,
You are such a big girl! Good for you. Jen, doesn't that melt your heart with such good times...there is no greater love in a Mother's Life!!! We love you all.
Grandma D

Sara Jones said...

Your Anna bear is a lucky girl. And you of course are one lucky mama. I'm glad things are going better at daycare. I'm sure they are falling in love with her.

Jules said...

Is there anything better in the world than a baby's laugh???? I think you could take the grumpiest, pessimistic person in the world and they'd be a ray of sunshine after listening to that.

I too am glad Anna is doing better at the day care, I knew she would but I also know how hard it is for the parents those first few adjustment days. I just started a 2 1/2 year old who becomes immediately HYSTERICAL if I happen to just bend over and she can't see me over the counter so that is pretty normal.

I'm also happy to hear that Dane's catering career seems to be taking off, good for him!!!! Where was he when I needed him 2 1/2 months ago; not that some really good stress at a wedding isn't a fun time.

Trina said...

Hey, Jenny! I'm so excited you want a bag! If the thought of picking out fabric is just to frightening you can also give me some ideas of what you have in mind, colors, funky, floral, etc. and I can see if I can find something for you to look at. My e-mail is on my homepage. Let me know if you have any questions! Also, just choosing one off a picture works to! Have a great day!

Trina said...

Jenny, me again. Would you send me an e-mail sometime so I have yours? Thanks. The Birdie Sling is an awesome bag, it is huge! Plenty big enough for a diaper bag. If you go to the following link you will see a pic of this bag on a gal's shoulder. It will give you an idea of the size.

http://www.amybutlerdesign.com/mainmenu.php

The finished dimensions are 28" tall including handles x 18" wide.

This bag has a lot more going on, lots of stability and structure. I will give you my "friend" price on this bag if you choose this one. : ) It is $65 plus shipping.