Friday, September 5, 2008

We're back...again

We finally get our laptop charged and ready to go with a new power cord and then our internet has not been working since last weekend! Grr...how frustrating!! The Comcast guy was at our house on Wednesday for about three hours and I think he ended up having to run brand new cables from the street (or wherever it comes from). Anyways, we have a fully charged computer and brand new internet, so we're all set.

Where to even start with an update on the past week? I just finished my second week at my new job and I'm still really liking it. There is A LOT of variety within my position, so I'm never bored doing the same thing over and over but that also means that I am completely overwhelmed trying to learn new processes and proceedures. I'm loving the people I work with and settling in very quickly with everyone.

We're still looking for a daycare for Anna during the afternoons and it's a little discouraging. We went to visit an in-home daycare yesterday and I think we're going to keep looking. The lady was probably in her 60's (or just a very weathered 50) and looked like she had been hugging trees her whole life. I doubt she was wearing a bra and if anybody in this world should be wearing one, it would be her. Not that there's anything wrong with an enormous chest, but when they're down to your knees, something needs to be done. My biggest concern is that where ever we leave Anna, I want her to be interacted with and not forgotten about in a corner. I asked this lady "so do you get down and play with the kids?" She looked at me for a minute and said "um, sometimes". Yeah right. I'm sure she sits at her computer all day looking up her geneology (what she was doing when we got there) or braiding hemp bracelets (just seems like somethign she would do). I don't know, the whole experience bums me out. I just want to tuck her in my pocket and carry her around with me all day. Do you think anyone would notice an Anna in my pocket?

My mom helped us out this week and watched Anna for us on Wednesday. She drove up Tuesday after work and had Wednesday off which worked out great. Anna was a doll for her and they had a great day together. My mom being the sweet woman that she is made a yummy dinner for us before she left and did some little things around the house that shows how thoughtful she is. Thank you Mom! Tomorrow we are heading over to Dane's parent's house to get some family time in. They just got back in town today from spending the whole summer in Alaska! Dane and Anna stopped by thier house today for a quick hello, but tomorrow we'll go over and spend some quality time catching up.

As we speak Dane is coaching thier first football game of the season...very exciting! They're "suppose to" beat this team tonight, so we'll see how it turns out. I still can't believe that football season is among us. Sigh. Sundays with my husband are going to be few and far between for the next four months.

Well hopefully I will be able to keep our blog more up to date now that everything is up and running again. I'll get some pictures posted over the weekend...our Anna bear seems to be getting cuter by the day!

3 comments:

Jules said...

Jenny, although I feel for your frustration in finding good child care (would a round trip to Yakima to leave her with me every day be feasible? :)) your description of the antiquated large bosomed hippie made me laugh right out loud.

I'm so happy that the job is such a good fit for you though, what a blessing that is.

Good luck on the day care issue, I know you'll find something you'll be happy with, it'll just take a few more interviews I'm sure. One time when I was being interviewed the parents told me that last person they'd interviewed used her chest freezer out on her porch as the changing table. They were narrow-minded people and apparently weren't crazy about that. :) It was good for me though being as my "changing table" is my floor but apparently that was preferential since I got the job.

Madge said...

What's wrong with geneology and hemp bracelets. You know she'd probably have Anna working her hemp bracelet sweat shop, and smokin' dubies. Munchies? forgetaboutit!
Seriously, I'm sorry you're having such a hard time finding quality care, I'll keep my eyes and ears open.
I'm glad you're loving your new job, but I really miss you.

Diane said...

Jen,
I know you will find someone that will give Anna good care...just remember, NO ONE will love her like parents and grandparents. I wish I was closer to help. Maybe a drive to Yakima each day to drop her off at Julie's would be worth it????