Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Recent happenings

I've got to admit that I know I'm not being as good as I would have hoped at keeping new posts on here, but frankly, I'm just wiped every night. Just the thought of every keystroke makes me need a nap. Why am I so tired you might be asking yourself? Maybe part of it has to do with the fact that my daughter thinks I'm a buffet at night and I don't have the heart to tell her no. Okay, that's not entirely true. She really isn't that bad...but she is still waking up twice. We had it down to once, but now it looks like she is starting to cut her two upper front teeth and if you have had a teething baby before, that's all that needs to be said about that. The poor girl is probably in a lot of pain and of course I want to do what I can to help her feel better and get back to sleep. And that means boob. It's taking a toll on me so one of these days we need to get back to only waking up once for a snack.

In other Anna news, this was her third day at her new daycare. We ended up being able to get in to an in-home daycare that our friends Alex and Lexa use for their 15 week old baby girl Leah. I really like the woman that runs it (she also has her daughter there who's about our age, and she has a sweet little one year old boy) and so far it's been going pretty good. I've gotten a call from her each day while I was at work and she was just looking for tips on getting her down for naps and questions about her schedule and things like that. I certainly don't mind the calls and it's just going to take a while for them to get to know Anna and vice versa. Anna is playing really good while she's there, but isn't sleeping really well there so far. I'm sure she'll feel more comfortable in the weeks to come. Most of the time, she will only be there from 1:00-5:00, but this week and next week, Tues. though Fri., she is there from 10:00-5:00 because Dane has a catering job all those days. Those longer days are a little bit tougher on her and she's a little more fussy, but not bad. We are sure happy to see her and get her home to play for a bit. And she is always super happy to see us too...today was the first day that she turned around and saw me and crawled right up to me and put her hands up on my legs....melt my heart! She is getting around pretty good now! :) Oh, by the way...little miss Anna turned 9 months old today! Where is the time going?

Our life is continuing to stay crazy busy between my job (which is still going really great) Dane's catering which is really busy this month, and his football. We are actually getting our first date night in a LONG time on Sunday. Anna is going to go to Nana and Papa's house for a few hours and we are going to go out to dinner and then bowling! I'm really exciting to finally get quality time with my hunny!

Here are some pictures of our beautiful Anna girl!


Looking so sweet and kissable as usual!


Beautiful with her blue bow...notice the football, too! :)



I'm so strong! I can pull myself up and get into everything now!!




Enjoying some nakey time after her bath...she LOVES being naked!



A nice butt crack shot for you all

3 comments:

Sara Jones said...

Love the update and pictures, I have been missing you! Anna, you have a cute booty.

I hadn't heard that you got into the daycare. I'm so glad that worked out for you. I'm sure Anna will be settled in there in no time.

As for being an all night diner. GOOD LUCK! Sleep deprivation is not for the faint hearted. If only the milk wasn't so delicious!

Diane said...

Jen, Love the BOW!!! She is such a girly girl. Glad to hear you feel comfortable with the day care lady. It will always be hard, and I am sure Anna will teach her what she needs....I love her being so mobile!! GO ANNA>>>> Grandma D

Debbie Stellrecht said...

oh, Jenny! Your little darling is so cute - and I sooo remember the all-night buffets my boys put me through (and the teething)!

Also, can you find some time (LOL) to join the Hafsos-Davis Family group on Facebook, or can I give them the link to your blog? We're getting geared up for a Reunion next year and all the cousins are getting on board. Let Jason know too!

love to you, Dane & Anna
your cousin, Debbie