I'm a little confused right now...I have the strangest feeling. Let me describe it and see if any of you know what it means. I woke up this morning and my eyes actually opened on their own without having to pry them open. I got out of bed feeling energized and ready to start my day. I looked in the mirror and I didn't look like someone had come and beat the crap out of me during the night. I looked forward to what the day has to offer. Could it be...? Is it possible...? My oh my, is this what it feels like to be RESTED?!?!?
Anna slept like a rockstar last night and I'm basking in the glory of it right now. Let me just start by saying that this last week has been brutal at night. I don't now what has been going on with Anna, but she has been driving us crazy at night. We put her to bed between 7:30 and 8:00 and she goes down without a hitch and falls right asleep. However, lately she's been waking up around 10:30 (of course, it's right at the time Dane and I lay our little heads down to fall asleep) and is fussy and inconsolible until I just break down and feed her because I'm desperate for sleep. I know she's not hungry, I had just nursed her before putting her to bed, but I tell you what, nothing else works. I know what some of you are thinking..."just lay her down and let her cry, checking on her every once in a while...she'll put herself to sleep." Yeah, you come to our house and listen to the bone chilling screaming she was doing when we tried that. I couldn't take it. Thursday night was the worst. We let her cry for about an hour and when I had had enough I gave in and fed her. Usually she falls right asleep after she's done eating...not that night. She got done and I held her for a minute giving her snuggles, layed her down in her crib and got back into my own warm bed. Three minutes later the crying starts again...what the hell? At that point, I had no idea what to do...I was shocked. The boob hadn't worked?!? Dane ended up bringing her into our bed...we don't ever do that, so I wasn't sure if she would sleep (or me for that matter). Anna was crying and the instant she layed down with us she stopped and fell asleep. Aughh...silence. I was just getting back to sleep myself when I felt this little hand petting my face. I open my eyes and Anna is sitting up in our bed playing with my face and hair. Lovely. "Anna, it's time for night-night...lay down" I help her back down on her tummy and she immediately gets up and crawls over to Dane and throws herself on top of him. Apparently it's play time and we didn't get the memo. I'm not surprised she responded that way...the only time she's in our bed is in the morning after we're all awake and we just play and snuggle while we wake up. She must have thought that is was morning. :) So Dane brings her back to her crib (it's about 12:45 by now) and lays her down and by some miracle she just falls asleep and doesn't wake up until morning. What a night!!! That is pretty much how our last week or more has gone.
Well, last night Anna was in bed at 7:30 and didn't wake up until...wait for it....4:00 a.m.! I fed her and she feel right back asleep until 8:45 a.m. this morning!!! That is the lastest she has ever slept! I got up with her while letting Daddy sleep longer and we played and frolicked and had a wonderful morning. Now the little angel is napping and I'm thinking I should probably be productive by showering or cleaning or something. I just wanted to share our victory night! I'm not stupid enough to think this is going to happen every night, but I'm just thrilled it happened once!! :) Horray for a good night's sleep!
First Day of School 2015
11 years ago
4 comments:
Jenny you first paragraph had me laughing out loud to where Wayne had to come in to see what was up and I read it to him too.
As for people thinking you're crazy to give in and just boob Anna when she wouldn't go to sleep; anybody who has kids know you'll do ANYTHING if it means you get to sleep. I'd have let my kids play with scissors if it meant I got a couple extra hours of snooze time.
Nothing like a night of rest to make you think you can conquer the world. I'm not going to lie though, it makes me feel better that there are other parents out there who are partying at night. Dane has been doing so much better though so there is hope. Hope you had a great, restful day!
Jen, These will all become distant memories....someday....
or will they? I am glad you and Jason were PERFECT and slept ALL night EVERY night! (yea, right)
you'll make it. MOM
Jenny, I don't know the rested feeling all that well these past few years but isn't it delightful when it finally arrives! How funny and SO true...what you'll do for sleep, ask me I am the queen of giving in the middle of the night. I also love your Mom's comment because that sounds exactly what my mom tells me! I love it! :)
Post a Comment