Look at my girl go!! Dane and I are so proud of her. It's so inspiring to watch her with all of the attempts that she makes to walk every day. You can tell that she is very proud of herself after each step she takes and that she's loving every minute. :) It's very strange to watch her walk because it makes her look like such a big girl and it's just hard to admit to myself that she's reaching these milestones...and this is a big one. :) You're our big girl Anna!
We took Anna to her 1 year appointment and what can I say...the girl is perfect. :) She managed to show off all of her talents for the doctor, such as walking across the room, saying a few words and just being adorable in general. Anna has slowed down on the growth chart, but from what I understand, that is normal around this age. She is in the 50th percentile for length and between the 75th and 90th percentile for weight. We talked to the doctor (our new pediatrician...our other one unexpectedly retired) about Anna's feet and she seemed to agree that we should wait until about 18 months to make any decisions. That way, she can see if there is any change from her walking on them, etc. Other than that, all was good. They had to poke her three times though and she was not a big fan. The last one was the worst...Anna cried with the first two, but the third brought about a heart wrenching cry that just made my heart drop. I guess it's a real stinger (that's why the do it last) and Anna confirmed that by stomping her leg down over and over and crying until she couldn't catch her breath. Poor little thing. She was a trooper though and daddy brought her home where she got a bottle, some tylenol and a nap. She woke up feeling much better.
How is it possible that I already have a 1 year old?!
3 comments:
ANNA GRACE!!! What a big girl you are, walking like you are! We are so proud of you. Love Grandma and Grandpa
I loved the title of this post. Your video clips were fantastic. Watching Anna and hearing you and Dane made me MISS YOU GUYS!
Your baby is darling. Or not baby. You know what I mean.
Yay Anna!!! We'll have to come down and see for ourselves very soon!!!
~Holly
Post a Comment