Wednesday, January 14, 2009

On the mend

Our bear has been sick. She's been the most pitiful little bear the last few days. It started on Monday...we just noticed that Anna wasn't acting like herself. She was being fussy and really clingy...not her usual style. Then came on the fever. She started feeling warm that night and it came on fast. Within a hour or so it was already over 100 and it steadied itself throughout the night around 102. The Motrin didn't make a difference and we pretty much felt useless. I was hoping that once the morning came her fever would break and all would be better. No such luck. Our girl had that same high fever all day and night yesterday as well and lets just say our night was rough. Dane and I were up probably every hour (sometime a couple times within that hour) to go in and soothe Anna because she was so stinkin' uncomfortable. She was just burning up and we couldn't do anything about it.

She was still sleeping when I left for work this morning so once she and Dane were up for the day I talked to Dane and he said she was starting to feel cooler. Thank goodness! Over the course of the day it was looking like her fever was going to break for good and we are so thankful. It was heart-wrenching to see her so sad and to feel so blistering hot! So I was so excited to get home from work and play with Anna now that she was feeling better. She was waking up from her nap right when I got home, so I went up and got her out of bed, only to find a bear that had woken up on the wrong side of the crib. She was crabbier now then when she had a fever! She was crying and whinning, wouldn't eat, wouldn't drink, didn't want to be held, didn't want to be put down...nothing in the world was right. It was about an hour later that she took 2 big poops and suddenly things brightened up! :)

Our bear is back!

2 comments:

Jules said...

Nothing like a good poop to get a person back on the right track huh. I'm glad little Anna is feeling better, I HATED it when my girls were sick because you're right, you just feel very helpless.

Diane said...

Anna... Grandma is soooooo sorry you were sick....hope you feel better and are back to your "bear-self"...Love ya...