Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Easter weekend review

I'm going to have to make this snappy because I'm not sure how long I'm going to have internet useage. Our service has been less than reliable over the last week or so...frustrating! Anyways, on to the post! :)
We spent Easter weekend in Port Townsend with Dane's family and we had a fabulous time! His folks got a condo for us all to stay in (even though it was pretty close quarters with all of us there...the bedrooms were about the size of a closet!) But it was free to us, so I'm not complaining! :) Neil and Holly and their two kids were there as well and we had a great time playing all weekend. Saturday we had GORGEOUS weather all day with the sun shining and warming us in the afternoon. There was even a chance for Dane and Neil to hop in the heated outdoor pool with the kids! We actually left Sunday morning around 10:30 so that we would have part of our day at home to get a few things done, but we did get in an Easter egg hunt that morning before we took off and the kids got to find their Easter baskets. Anna had her first taste of jelly beans and she loved them...who knew jelly beans were such a saliva inducing product? :)

Here are some pictures from our family fun...thanks Nana & Papa for all of your generousity!















Vroom Vroom! Look out, here I come!


















Miss Myla...such a beautiful girl!














Swimming, swimming, in the swimming pool!















Cole getting a lesson from Dad















Who knew little bears liked pools so much?















Anna getting warmed up by Nana after the big swim















Anna and Cole finding their Easter baskets...Cole was very excited that the Easter bunny still found him even though he wasn't home!



















"These darn jelly beans are really chewy!"













Anna finding her first Easter egg!













Getting some help to put it in the basket...she usually doesn't wander around with her binky, but this was right after a major fit that only the binky could soothe!

4 comments:

Diane said...

Nice pictures Jen...such a treat getting to see Anna's reaction to the Easter eggs. But the big question is........did she get to taste the PEEPS????

Sara Jones said...

Nah, I'm not worried about peeps. I think it's much more important to have her first taste of Cadbury mini eggs. Not to worry, if she didn't get any she can rest easy knowing Auntie Sara had 3000 on her behalf.

I LOVE the pictures.

Jenny said...

So the verdict is...she much preferred the cadburry mini eggs over the peeps! She spit the peeps right now...sorry mom! Sara, she kept signing "more" for the cadbury mini eggs. :) That's my girl!

Diane said...

WOW! She definitely is her
"mother's daughter"...I had high hopes she would have a secret obsession with PEEPS JUST to drive her mother crazy...Anna, I will not
give up yet.... more on PEEPs next year!! Love ya anyway... By the way I have nothing against Cadbury eggs yum...