Happy Mother's Day to all of the moms out there! This is a day for us moms to be recognized and appreciated for all we do...personally, I think there should be a Mother's Day once a month. :) Doesn't that sound like a great idea?
My Mother's Day started yesterday when my mom came in to town to spend the afternoon with us. We had a wonderful time visiting, going out to lunch and playing outside in the beautiful sunshine we had. My mom brought me some geraniums for the front of my house, so in the afternoon me, Anna and my mom were in the front yard and Anna was getting pushed around on her car by Grandma while I planted my new flowers. Anna looked absolutely adorable driving around on her car and waving and saying "hi" everytime they passed me. So cute! Then I got the hose out to water the flowers and she came over and wanted me to spray her hands. Then she wanted to boss it herself...after about 20 minutes of her playing with the sprayer, she was soaked to the core and couldn't be happier! My mom got some great pictures, so once she shares them with me (hint, hint Mom!) I will post a few. :) It was a wonderful day and I just feel so lucky that we live close enough to my parents that a day visit is possible like this.
Then today started off with Anna sleeping in until 8:00 a.m. which never happens anymore and then daddy got up with her while I got to laze around in bed and snooze in and out of consciousness. Then I was awaken to my two favorite people coming upstairs to bring me breakfast in bed. They made me a half an omelet and a waffle with strawberries and cool whip on top! Delicious! Anna got up on the bed with me and proceeded to poke her finger in the middle of my cool whip and then licked her finger and said "num num num" and helped herself to more. Whats mine is hers I guess, right? :) Then we snuggled and played on the bed for a while and got lots of giggles in. We met up at Marcy and Kevin's house with Neil and Holly as well for a breakfast made my our men (I didn't eat breakfast there as well...okay maybe a couple pieces of bacon!) The kiddos played for a while and then Anna was starting to lose it and having mini melt downs over nothing so I brought her home for a nap and daddy went to his flag football game. Side note: I just got off the phone with him and he's on his way home....he said they played terribly and he pulled his hamstring. He heard something "pop"...that can't be good. He may need to got to the doctor to make sure it isn't more serious. I tried telling him he needs to take it easy in his older age, but he just never listens! :)
So yes, I have had a wonderful weekend and I feel very loved. Dane is working tonight, so there won't be too much more spoiling coming my way, but I do get to spend the afternoon with my bear and I couldn't think of any better way to celebrate being a mom!
I'm attaching this video to showcase my daughter's fly dance moves. I think she has found her calling!
3 comments:
Happy Mother's Day!! That video of her dancing is hilarious, I seriously laughed out loud! I love this age they are at. I sure hope her and Gracie can meet someday! :)
Love the video! I would expect nothing less than fly dance moves from your daughter, Jen.
That's our Anna!! Way to go girl... Grandma D
Post a Comment