Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Feelin' Hot Hot Hot!

I will be the first to admit that 10 years on the west side of the mountains has made me a big ol' sissy when it comes to HOT weather. I have definitely become acclimated to cooler weather, so I have been very whiney these past few days. It reached into the 90's today and it is not pleasant in a house with no air conditioning...I just put Anna to bed (in only a diaper) at about 8:15 and her room is like a sauna upstairs. Poor thing is going to be a puddle in about 15 minutes. We got home today and ate dinner and then headed outside to play in the blow up pool and run through the sprinkler and we both enjoyed a popcicle on the patio. Nothing like a popcicle to cool you off...especially for Anna, who dribbled most of it down her bare belly! :)


So what is everyone else doing to keep cool? (You Eastern Washingtonians, I don't want to hear about your cool, air conditioned homes!).
I've attached some pictures from Anna's first pool party last weekend. Our friend's little boy, Brody, turned 1 and they had a fantastic pool party for all the kiddos. They had about four blow up pools, sprinklers and all sorts of toys for the little ones to enjoy. Anna had a BLAST playing wiht her friends and her most favorite, WATER! Seriously, I think she has scales because she is able to spend so much time in water. She's our little fish, that's for sure!

We're headed to Yakima on Friday for my family reunion on my mom's side of the family...yes, I thought it would be a good idea to get in the car and drive to where it's going to be even hotter! Are we crazy?! Heat aside, it should be a great weekend!! Thank goodness for hotel pools (and Franklin pool, which we are renting for an hour on Saturday)! Can't wait to see you family!!








Anna and Leah...the two hot pool babes!
Jaxson and Anna trying to catch the bubbles
The birthday boy, Brody, loving the bubbles as well
Jodi and I with the three amigos, Anna, Jaxson and Francheska
Anna, cooling off with a cold one (don't worry grandma, the cap was still on!)
Jaxson squirting Anna with the crazy flower sprinkler (and she LOVED it...they were both squeeling with delight!
Two 2 1/2 year old + a sheet cake at face level= an irresistable temptation
I'm pretty sure she's peeing in the pool here.

3 comments:

Diane said...

I love Anna's "swimsuit profile". Can't wait to see you this weekend!
Bring the sunscreen! Grandma

Sara Jones said...

My gosh she is so big. Maybe I'll see you this weekend!

tara said...

So cute!!! Anna looks adorable in her polka dot suit, and you can tell she's having the most fun time playing in the water.
Looks like it was a fun way to celebrate a birthday!