Today, Dane and I had a much needed adults only day. We headed up to Seattle and had a wonderful lunch out in West Seattle with Neil and Holly and then the four of us headed to the Mariner's game for the afternoon. The game sucked (we lost and it was a really boring game) however, we had a wonderful time! We had rockin' seats in the "Terrace Club" which is on the 2nd level and made us feel like V.I.P. I found them on Craigslist and we bought all four for $100...$25 per ticket, not bad. These regularly sell for $65 per ticket! We were greeted by this nice gentleman opening the glass doors for us to enter and to check our tickets. Just looking around, you could tell we were in a whole other league! There was classy restaurant type food to order (from your seats if you wished), an attendant in the bathroom, and a hoodie sweatshirt for sale in the Mariner's shop for $110! We found our seats which couldn't have been any better and enjoyed the company and just being at Safeco Field. What a wonderful afternoon!
My mom came up to spend then day with Anna and it sounds like the two of them had a blast. Anna was such a good girl, my mom said she didn't cry or whine once...for a second I was wondering if she had accidently switched kids with someone else while at Fred Meyer! No whining?? What was your trick Grandma?! They had a shopping excursion to Freddy's to buy bubbles and play-dough and somehow Anna managed to get a giant cookie the size of her head from Starbucks. They came home and played outside with buckets of water, sidewalk chalk, bubbles and shot baskets. What more does a girl need in an afternoon? :)
Not only did my mom watch Anna all day for us, she did all sorts of "little" (and not so little) things around the house that I rarely have time to get to. Don't think I didn't notice all this stuff Mom...sweeping our laundry room and straightening our shoes, wiping out our garbarge can (some questionable stuff was starting to grow in there) and recycling can in our house, trimming my roses in the backyard and cutting two pretty roses and putting them in a vase on my kitchen window, folding two loads of laundry that I hadn't gotten to yet and washing and folding a load of Anna's clothes, and vaccumed rugs in our living room. Oh, did I mention preparing a delicious beef stew dinner with a side of cornbread that was ready when I got home? My favorite!! A million thanks to you mom...we really appreciate you coming and spending the day with Anna and then to do so many thoughtful things that make such a huge difference in my day...you are an angel! We love you!
I can't leave my dad out while I'm bragging about what wonderful parents I have. While we were on vacation, my car was at my parent's house for a week. I had asked my dad if he would be kind enough to re-align my headlights. What did I return to? Not only re-aligned headlights, but a fully detailed car. When I say detailed, I mean DETAILED. He worked on it every night we were gone and had washed, waxed, vacummed, interior completely wiped down, my leather seats had been treated, engine pressure washed, new wiper blades, some sort of treatment to take oxidizing (is that right, Dad?) materials off my car, he buffed out some scratches on the rear bumper...I'm sure I'm forgetting something, but I'll tell you what...it was like a brand new car sitting out there! I'm still slipping and sliding all over my seats because they're so clean! It was such a thoughtful thing for him to do...thank you Daddy! What did I do to deserve such wonderful, caring, giving and loving parents? I'm truely blessed. I only hope that we make our kids thoughout life feel as loved as we feel.
Dane is in Oregon tonight so that he can attend his grandpa's funeral tomorrow morning. Grandpa Bud passed away a little over a week ago and thankfully we were able to get in our goodbye's on our way home from vacation. It was going to be such a quick trip, that I decided to stay home with Anna. She wouldn't have sat through the funeral anyways, and Dane has to be back by tomorrow afternoon so he can go to work, so it was just easiest for us girls to stay here. Dane drove with his brother and Holly so at least he wasn't alone. Dane's grandpa was a wonderful man and we will miss him dearly. Thankfully, there are many special memories to cherish.
First Day of School 2015
11 years ago
3 comments:
Did I really do all that? Oh,Anna helped me!! We LOVE you too, Jen...MOM/DAD
Family rocks! Can't wait to see you in one and a half short weeks!
Sounds like a really fun day! I love watching the Mariners in their awesome stadium--seems like you had ideal seats. Way to go!
That was super sweet of your mom to help you so much. Both of your parents are very loving and attentive to your needs. I love your family!
I hope you get another Adults Only day again soon.
Post a Comment