Last week was our wonderful vacation on the Oregon coast, and it was so relaxing and just what we all needed! We stayed at a place called Westlake Resort (the term "resort" was used loosely) and it is just past Florence which is pretty much central Oregon on the coast. Our "cabin" was on a beautiful lake, yet we were also only a 15 minute car ride from the beach. Dane brought his boat so he got some fishing in and Anna experience her first boat rides. She liked it as long as daddy didn't go too fast. She was more in love with her life vest (see pictures below)! Our good friends joined us for four days which made it that much more fun! Ramone, Brianna and their two kids Nyla (3) and Niko (4 months) are such a fun family and it worked out great that Anna had a playmate for several days. Anna and Nyla were like two peas in a pod and it was so adorable to watch them play. They spend the fall/winter months in Hawaii which is where Ramone is from and then the summers they spend in California with Brianna's family, so they drove and met us from Northern California...it was great to catch up with them!
It was a week full of eating great food, taking a nap every day, wearing no makeup, no blow dryers, playing in the water, sitting and doing nothing but visiting, eating more good food...you get the picture. :) I will say I was greatly disappointed about one thing...Anna HATES the sand! Who would have thought! We went to a state campground that had a wonderful sandy beach and swim area and the instant I put Anna down she started wailing and wanted me to pick her up. I thought if I tried getting her in the water maybe that would work since she usually loves the water. Wrong. She climbed her way up my legs and firmly gripped around my neck. She basically sat on the beach towel the whole time and didn't budge. Same story when we tried visiting the actual beach. The second I stepped foot on the beach she started whining and saying "No no, no no" "bye bye" "bye bye", like she couldn't get out of there fast enough! So we clicked a couple pictures just to prove we were there and then bailed. So sad. I was hoping for some wonderful beach shots of Anna frolicking in the water and the sand, getting it lodged in every crack imaginable...but nope. My girl apparently prefers gravel, dirt and grass. Let's hope a fondness for sand grows over time!
We felt rested, relaxed, and rejuvenated when we returned and now it's back to work. :( I told Dane I don't know how I'm going to function without my daily nap...and let me tell you, it's been tough. Enjoy the pictures from our lovely vacation...beware, I went overboard adding pictures!
We were okay as long as we stayed right firmly planted on the rocks and did not get near the yucky sand
First Day of School 2015
11 years ago












3 comments:
Looks like you guys had fun in Oregon!! It's always so hard to come home from vacation. I'm glad you finally posted some pics for me :) We need to get together soon. Give Anna kisses for me.
Doesn't like sand...Lucky MOM, no sand in the bun cracks!! Nice pictures!
I'm so happy, Jen! It looks just like the family vacation you were hoping for. You can't beat the combo of family, friends, relaxing, and water. I love all the pictures you posted. Anna is so cute!
Post a Comment