Tuesday, December 8, 2009

One of those weekends

Have you ever had one of those weekends where it feels like nothing goes the way you thought it would? We had one of those this past weekend.

We started off Saturday on a fun family adventure of finding and cutting down our Christmas tree. We went to a local tree farm that has goats, hot apple cider, hot coco, tractor rides and just feels like "holiday". Sounds fun, right? Well, combine it with a 20 degree morning, a crabby little girl who's nap time was quickly approaching and a daddy who just wanted mommy to "pick one out already". Christmas is in the air! We ended up bringing home a beautiful tree and Anna helped me decorate it the next day. The picture below shows her "cave" where she felt all her ornaments needed to go. The best part was how proud of herself she was after placing each one carefully in it's spot. :)

Later in the day on Saturday, I had scheduled pictures to be done at Target at 3:40. So we got there at about 3:30 and there was a family in the studio still, so we took a seat to wait. Keep in mind, I have a 2 year old to keep occupied. This family ahead of us took FOREVER. There was about 5 kids in the room, grandma was in there, along with moms and dads. They had a bazillion outfit changes. Every once in a while, they would march a kid out of the room and put them in a timeout. One time, the mom brought out a girl about 5 or 6 and scolded her for not smiling pretty enough. I'm not even kidding. She shoved her in front of the mirror and forced her to smile like the "pretty princess" that she is. In the mean time, us along with the other families that are now waiting were throwing dirty looks their way anytime they came out of the room. "Get back in there and finish your pictures!!" We did not get in for our pictures until 4:30. 50 minutes PAST our appt time. Not cool. Anna was surprisingly okay. She had wandered around the store getting adoring looks from everyone. Dane was not okay. If I thought he was cranky at the tree farm, I was sadly mistaken. THIS was the crabby Dane. Bless his heart for not up and leaving us at the store. We got in and out as quickly as possible, and got some GREAT shots of Anna in her Christmas outfit. I was a little disappointed with the lack of pictures (quality pictures) we got of her "2 year" shots and for our family pictures, but there was at least one of each I could order, so I was happy! Here are some of my favorites:






So to top off our already rocky weekend, Sunday late afternoon Anna and I were over at our friend Courtney's house letting our kids play while our husbands watched football at a buddies house, and Dane calls me saying he just got home and had started making dinner, when our power went out (we had a HUGE wind storm the night before). Perfect. So he came over to Adam and Courtney's and we had dinner and then figured we'd go home and put Anna to bed around 8:00. We got home and our house was freezing and the area was pitch black. So we packed up and went over to spend the night at Dane's parent's house. Turns out a huge tree fell on a power line and they had it cleaned up later that night and the power back on within a few hours. Who would've known?

Truthfully, we weren't too sad to see this weekend come to an end. And now we get to look forward to Anna's 2nd birthday party this Saturday!! Stay tuned for pictures from the big event!

6 comments:

Jules said...

Hey Jen, sorry about the rotten weekend. I can take some rotten week days but it makes me downright grumpy to have a terrible weekend, that's just not right.

And I don't think I'll even show your post to Wayne being as he feels like it is the work of Satan to make people sit and pose for pictures so just reading about it would raise his blood pressure. He is NOT a good sport about it AT ALL!!!

On the up side, I LOVED all the pictures. Every one of them is priceless so it was at least worth it.

Diane said...

Jenny........You have a GORGEOUS little girl...She looks so grown up. I absolutely love the tree decorations. Please treasure those moments...they are priceless. Sorry Dane, sometime it sucks, but then football happens!

Angela said...

I have SO been there for the pictures senario! frustrating. But, the pics did turn out ADORABLE!:)

Sara Jones said...

Anna looks so grown up in her pictures. She is beautiful and looks just like you Jen!

Ah, nothing like family pictures to bring out the best in everyone. Ask KayLynn. Just mention a family picture and she is already whining.

I can't wait to hear about the birthday party. Two years old!

KayLynn said...

Sara's a liar. I love getting family pictures taken. So much good bonding time. I look forward to it each and every year!

Your daughter is so cute! Loved the pics!

Sara Jones said...

I'm not a liar, KayLynn is the liar. And she's stinky. Nananananana!