Thursday, December 17, 2009

Our girl turns 2!!!!!

Happy 2nd Birthday Anna!! It's hard to believe, but Anna had her big 2nd birthday today...where in the world does time go? We celebrated with a party last Saturday (pictures to follow), so today wasn't too exciting for her. Sadly, I had to work, so this morning Dane and Anna had a little outing to Cabela's to wander around and look at the fish display. They have a huge fish tank that is like a tunnel/cave that you walk under and there are fish all around you. She thought that was pretty cool. After that, they went to Costco and picked up a slice of pizza for each of us for lunch. Apparently Anna couldn't wait till lunch, so she had hers on the way home. :) Whatever she wants...it's her birthday! I came home for my lunch break and Anna woke up from her nap while I was home, so I got to sing her happy birthday and give her lots of smooches. She was in such a happy mood, it was really hard to go back to work.


Anna helped me bake some cupcakes last night to bring to daycare, so it sounds like those were a hit with the kiddos. Anna had two. Whatever she wants...it's her birthday! Kathy and Brittany (the daycare providers) bought her a coloring book and a Build-a-Bear kit, which she loved! I promised her as soon as we got home, we would put together her bear. When we got home, I saw that there was sewing required. Darn. I'm going to try to sew it tonight so that tomorrow night we can stuff it and dress it. She seemed pretty excited about it!
Her party on Saturday was a huge success. We had family and some friends over and all the kids had a great time playing together and helping Anna open her presents. Our friends Adam and Courtney bought Anna a little kids drum set, so the kids had a jam session for a while with all the instruments. Trust me...we will find a way to get back at them!

Anna, happy birthday sweet, sweet girl. Daddy and I love you so very much, and we thank God every day for blessing us with you. You bring joy, laughter and love into our lives continuously!! Hugs and kisses!!!!!


Anna at her new table she got for her birthday...you can color directly on it and everything!!
Grandma and Anna dancing to the singing Elmo balloon Grandma brought with her. Grandma is never invited back....that is probably the most annoying balloon ever made. But it makes Anna smile, so we put up with it. :)



Anna with her juice box, looking rather skeptical that Jaxson and Ches are playing with her playdough...she's thinking "hmm...how can I boss this situation?"


It may look like Jaxson has the upperhand here, but 2 minutes later, Anna came waltzing into the kitchen triumphetly holding the toy. Us Bauersfelds don't loose. :)

Daddy giving the boy some love. :)
Dance party U.S.A.!! We had the reggae music blasting and the kids we movin' and a shakin'!
Anna actually knew to blow out the candles! I thought for sure she would try to touch it.

The presents were okay, but still interested in the ever exciting paper.

Ah yes, here's a present that is sure to bring migranes to mommy and daddy...drums and tamborines!


Don't be surprised when you see this on our Christmas card (if I ever get them in the darn mail!)

5 comments:

KayLynn said...

Yeah for turning 2! Looks like the party was super fun and you look so great, Jenny! So pretty!

Sara Jones said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANNA! Birthdays are always the best.

Madge said...

Happy Birthday Anna! I can't believe the girls are two. It seems like yesterday when she was in your tummy. Have a great Christmas!!

Diane said...

Anna, if your Elmo balloon suddenly
"disappears" you let me know and I will get you ANOTHER one, (we won't tell Mommy,ok?) Love you Bear, Grandma

Angela said...

Happy Birthday Anna! Looks like so much fun.
Jenny you look great. I think I look as pregnant as you already and I am WAY behind you.