Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The waiting game

Well, here we are the day before our due date and still no baby. Last week at the doctor's office, we took to heart our doctor's comment of "I'd be very surprised if you made it to your due date...". What does she know anyways.

I am officially on maternity leave for three months and now all I need is a baby to take care of. The waiting is kind of getting to us and I'm starting to overanalyze any little contraction or other symptom or sign of labor. I keep thinking that my water may have broke, but turns out I just peed a little. Oh the joys. :)

I am very excited to have a little baby in the house again and I think Anna is going to dig it. She is talking about baby Drew a lot and is even okay with the fact that her old room is now Drew's room and her old crib is now "baby Drew's" bed. That's right folks, Anna is in her new big girl room and it is so adorable! She's been sleeping in her new room and bed for about a week and the transition went so much smoother than I thought. She hasn't gotten out of bed at night once, and she's sleeping just as good as she was in her crib. It seems like us adults make a bigger deal out of it than the kids do! I was so stressed out over it, and how moving Anna out of her old room was going to effect her, but she loved it. And honestly, we set up such a sweet new room, who wouldn't love it? :) We (Dane and my mom) painted the room yellow and we found some awesome white bunk beds on craigslist which turned out to be a great buy! My mom made three fabric covered flowers for the wall and I bought a long mirror and some stencil/stickers for the wall and it all turned out great. It also made a DRASTIC difference getting our new carpet put in upstairs. Who knew a nice neutral beige would look so much better than an ugly, dirty blue? :) We love it!

So Anna's old room is now Drew's room and it is coming along quite nicely. We've "blued" everyting up, and my mom painted some cool sports balls to hang on the wall (football, basketball, soccer ball, and baseball). Dane's mom and I went and picked out some fabric for curtains, and Marcy just brought by the finished product today. They turned out GREAT! I would post pictures of both the rooms, but our camera has been packed in our hospital bag for the last couple of weeks and is sitting in my car. :) I will show the finished product after we get back from the hospital.

I feel like we've gotten all the projects completed that were on my list, and my husband has been wonderful about it. Seriously, the man deserves a medal for not leaving me thoughout this process. :) I put a lot on his plate and he did it all without too much complaining...thank you honey!

We've been keeping ourselves busy by going spending time with friends over the weekend and then of course with family on Easter. Dane's brother and his family hosted up in Seattle, and at first we weren't going to venture that far away, but rather than sit at home and focus on the fact that the baby wasn't coming, we decided to chance it head to Seattle for Easter. We're obviously glad we made that decision, and it was a very nice day filled with delicious food, an Easter egg hunt, and good company. Our sister-in-law Holly makes homemade cinnemon rolls that are to die for!! I had two.

Not much else has been going on, other than just waiting waiting and more waiting. Now it's time for yet ANOTHER walk around the neighborhood. Send me lots of laborish thoughts!! Then next time I post, I will hopefully be saying we have a new baby home with us! We'll keep you all informed!

6 comments:

Angela said...

You have been on my mind Jenny I knew you were getting close to that due date!!! Good luck!! I will for sure send happy labor thoughts your way. I remember that feeling of being on maternity leave and WAITING for the baby to come. Agony I tell ya.
So happy to hear the big girl bed went so well. You were probably scared to do it because of my wonderful horror stories! ;) LOL.
Sounds like you are all ready for Drew...LOVE the name by the way. Can't wait to hear of his arrival.
Good luck girl! You can do it!

Diane said...

Can't wait, Jen....
LOVE YOU ALL!
Grandma and Grandpa

Sara Jones said...

Jen, waiting sucks. I'm sorry. Do you have an appointment tomorrow? I'll be interested to hear where you're at. Have you tried telling baby Drew that if he isn't born by tomorrow he is going to be grounded? Or that you'll eat lots of garlic and his milk will taste funny? I hear babies respond to threats from day one. :-)

COME ON OUT BABY!!!!!

Jules said...

I definitely sympathize but I still couldn't help but laugh out loud when you said you thought maybe your water had broken but it turned out you just peed a little. I'm glad your sense of humor is still intact.

And GOOD LUCK with your impending birth, it won't be long now!

Allisha said...

I am sending lots of good thoughts your way. :) Here's to hoping your water breaks tonight and you have another smooth delivery!! I can't wait to see sweet baby Drew and give him snuggles so you need to convince him to COME OUT already!!! Love ya!!

KayLynn said...

We'll be praying for a safe, healthy, FAST delivery for you. And that it comes soon!!!!!! Can't wait to see pictures!