Monday, April 19, 2010

Drew Douglas Bauersfeld

Here are a few pictures from the last week and a half with our newest family member. Be prepared for a seriously cute baby!! :)













He's here!! I know, I know...I'm about 10 days late on the announcement, but let's be honest...my spare time has been kind of sparse. And any spare time I do have, I have had to get a nap in to maintain my sanity. Dane would probably argue that the naps haven't worked. :)

Drew is such a gorgeous, perfect little boy!!! We are all so in love with him and our family feels just that much more complete now. Anna is settling into her new "big sister" role very well and and is already mothering him. She is always very concerned where "baby Dew" went and if he's fussing or crying she immediately tries to stuff the binky in his mouth and says "Aahhh" to try and get him to open his mouth. It's pretty funny. She is never happier than when she's holding Drew and giving him lots of kisses on his head and hugs and squeezes.

Having said all those wonderful things about Anna in her new role, this also involves her testing us to new limits...all day long. You can tell that she is out of sorts and feeling a little neglected, but thankfully she's not directing any of those feelings to Drew. They're all coming to us. Lovely. She is very trying at times and makes us want to pull our hair out, but we just keep trying to remind ourselves that this is a hard time for her too. We are all adjusting. :)
Dane and I are beside ourselves at how amazing our son is...our son...how cool is that?! He is such a good baby so far. I say "so far" because I know that this can change, but for now we're counting our blessings! He is so incredibly mellow, barely crying, usually only if I've made him wait to long for the next feeding session. He's a champion sleeper so far; we usually go to bed after I feed him at about 10:30, he sleeps until about 4:00 or 4:30, I feed him again and he sleeps until about 7:30. Not bad! Anna use to wake up every 2 hours on the hour. My girl never missed a feeding! :) Speaking of which, Dane and I are not use to such a tiny baby! He was 7 lbs 13 oz and 20 inches long when he was born, and Anna was 8 lbs 9 oz, but that weight difference makes a HUGE difference in the size of a baby! Anna was chubby from day 1, and Drew has these little chicken legs and a petite little body. We go in for his 2 week appt on Thursday, so we'll see how he's done putting on weight.
I will do my best to keep this blog better updated!


6 comments:

Allisha said...

I agree "Baby Dew" is seriously ADORABLE!! Thanks for letting me come steal some snuggles the other night!! I love him and can't wait to see you guys again :)

Jules said...

Jen and Dane, that baby IS one of the cutest babies I've ever seen and I'm not kidding. Of course that doesn't include my own girls or the grandbabies but he is right up there. The picture of Dane and Drew sleeping is too priceless for words and the one in the boppy pillow where Drew looks like he is smiling elicited a heartfelt AAHHHHHHHHH out of me. Congrats again, you are all so luck!

KayLynn said...

He seriously is seriously cute. So perfect looking. Glad he's sleeping well! Hope adjustment for you all goes quickly!

Angela said...

YEA, I have been patiently waiting for this update!! Congratulations! He is VERY beautiful! I LOVE all the pictures. Sounds like you guys are doing awesome!
Anna's behavior will come around, I promise...my kids all did the same thing and it passed with a little time. You look great and your entire family is just beautiful! Take care!

Diane said...

We wish you many happy years of memories with your family......there are no words to adequately describe motherhood!!
We love you all! Gwampa/Gwamma

Sara Jones said...

Jen, this is Sara. I'm on someone else's computer but I finally got to see pictures of DREW!!! No one has overstated how perfect he looks, he is beautiful. Where is the funny old man face?? He came out looking ready to model! We can't wait to meet him on Sunday!