

Wow...time sure flies when your up to your elbows 20 hours a day in bodily fluids! Sorry it's been so long since our last update but it's been a bit of a challenge to juggle everything lately. And when I do have free time (usually after 9:00 p.m.) I tend to fall onto the couch and zone out for an hour and then go to bed. Blogging has just taken a backseat for a while!
Things really have been going very well around here and time really is flying by. Drew is already 6 1/2 weeks old and my maternity leave is already half over. :( We are actually getting pretty good sleep around here which makes everything else much more doable! Drew is sleeping about 12 hours at night, waking up twice to eat. Not too shabby! Now if I could just get myself to bed a little earlier I'd be getting great sleep. Dane was an angel today and got up with Anna at 8:00 this morning and let Drew and I sleep until 9:30...wow! We probably could have slept longer, but Anna couldn't stay away any longer than that. :) She is so funny, Drew will be sleeping and she'll go up to him and poke and prod and kiss him until he wakes up and then she looks all surprised and says "Look! Baby Dew awake!" She thinks if she is awake then everyone needs to be. :) Drew is such a little doll and just keeps getting cuter by the day. The poor guy went through a bit of a rough stage already with an eye that was all goopy and gooey and crusty for a couple of days and then a pretty bad case of baby acne. All has cleared up and he's looking quite strapping again. I tease that most people go through an awkward stage around middle school, but Drew went through his at 4 weeks old. :) He is cooing and gurgling and talking up a storm these days and we love it. Anna laughs and says "What baby Dew doin'?" Then she tries to imitate his sounds....it's pretty hilarious. We went to visit my parent's a couple weekends ago and he was giving out all sorts of smiles to grandma and grandpa, but it still takes A LOT to get him to smile at us. I'm starting to get a complex.
Anna is being her usual, ornery, 2 year old, self. Anybody want to borrow a 2 year old for, say, another year? I mean, we'll come visit her, but only when she's not whining or throwing a fit. So, yeah, it might be kind of seldom. She is sweet as can be at times, but the naughty, back talking, whiney times seem a bit more frequent. Oh, and don't forget the fun potty training experience. She's pretty much potty trained for going pee, but the girl has a long ways to go with the pooping. Although we had a major breakthrough yesterday...she took her first big poop in the toilet! She has been scared for some reason to go in the toilet, so the fact that she let it happen is huge! She's in panties all the time now, so we're getting really tired of cleaning poop out of her pants...here's to hoping she hops on the bandwagon!! On that note...I have to say that the biggest shock to me with having two kids is the insane amount of laundry I have! Between a newborn who spits up a lot and has explosive poops quite often, and a toddler who is potty training, I feel like I am ALWAYS doing laundry. Whether it's putting laundry in the washer or dryer or folding and putting away, it consumes my day. I was not expecting this, and I'm not quite sure why. I use to not mind laundry. This is not the case anymore. And what in the world is going to happen when I go back to work?!
I'm amazed at how much your love grows when you have more children. Before Drew arrived I was wondering how I would share the love I had for Anna and I just couldn't imagine loving someone else as much as I love Anna. But I'll tell you what...I couldn't be more in love with this little boy! He is such a snuggle bug and loves to be held by whoever will have him. Unfortunately, my free time to sit on the couch and hold him is quite limited, but I certainly get it in when I can...and I cherish being able to nurse him. Dane and I talk a lot about how blessed and fortunate we are to have these two, healthy, loving little kids. I wonder what a third would be like added to the mix? :)
7 comments:
Such sweet pictures. Drew is so cute! And I liked your update. I'm rooting for a third! Your first two are precious!
Cute pictures!! Drew is getting cuter and cuter every day, I need to come over and get some more snuggles in soon!! I can't believe your maternity leave is already half over :( I'm looking forward to getting some workouts in with you before you go back to work. And the fact that you are already thinking about baby #3 is amazing to me. When Skyler was only 6 weeks old just the thought of being pregnant again made me want to cry, I think I'll now refer to you as Supermom!!!
What a precious family and boy do you have adorable children! I just can't get over how cute they are and how much hair they both have!!!
I totally remember the days of multiple loads of laundry a DAY, not a week, a day that I did. Sometimes I'd see the same thing go through twice. Yep, I'd get it washed and dried and handed over just to be puked and/or peed on again. Now I do a couple of loads a week at most so it does eventually end.
Jenny you look great! Your kids are both so adorable. What a beautiful newborn you have! Where did 6 weeks go. Glad to hear its all going so well.
sorry to say but the laundry doesn't get any better. I do 8-10 loads per week. :) just get used to it.
Thanks for the update!!! :)
Jen -- you do not look like you had a baby 6 weeks ago. Unfair!
Drew IS adorable, and Anna sounds like she is playing the part of 2 year old perfectly. I'm glad to hear you're getting enough sleep. Unfair! It's a testament to how good of a baby he is that you even mentioned a third -- joking or not.
Love love love the Bauersfeld family!
I'm with KayLynn, it's never too early to talk about your third baby . :-)
Jen, laundry sucks. It breeds. I will recommend a front loader washer and dryer to you though. I got one when we moved to the new house and it holds 2-3 times more clothes. It's worth the investment.
The pictures are fantastic. Drew is so beautiful. I loved the picture of you and Anna and the one of Dane with his babies. You are looking great!
What a gorgeous family.
Jen....thanks for the update. Everyone misses you when there is a lapse in time...I'm glad I have
an inside track on updates of the grandkiddies.
Love you all...Gwama
Post a Comment