After the horrendous post that I previously posted, I had to follow up with one to let you all know that I do still in fact love my daughter. :) We had a great day today and I thought I'd share a couple of the highlights:
Tonight, I was holding Drew in my arms and he had just fallen asleep and Anna was sitting on the couch next to me watching a show and she had her baby doll next to her. I noticed she started talking to the baby and saying "Ready for milk, baby?" and she proceeded to pull up her shirt and nurse the baby!! After holding the baby up to her chest for a couple seconds she pulled her shirt down and put the baby up on her shoulder and started burping her, saying "Oh, good boy!" after the baby apparently burped. These are all things I say to Drew. :) How hilarious is that?! This is the first time she's done that, and I had to turn my head because I was laughing so hard (to myself). I wish I could have gotten a picture of it! She is such a riot.
I made spaghetti for dinner tonight and I had to capture this in a photo. Don't judge me for letting my child eat spaghetti with her fingers, because making her eat it with a fork is painful to watch. And she would have been at the dinner table for probably 2 hours trying to get it to stay on the fork. Plus, this is just too hilarious to pass up. I love how her teeth look florescent white next to the orange beard she's got going on.

Anna and I had some good bonding this morning, as I took her to "open gym" at the local gymnastics location and we had a great time. This is something that they offer every Friday from 11:00-12:30 and it's only $5. It's great for the kids to run around and get out a bunch of energy! :) Anna's favorite things to do there are the giant trampoline, the balance beems, and of course the huge foam pit. Sadly a few weeks ago, and had a shameful mommy moment, when it was closing at 12:30, I was talking to my friend Courtney and was not that aware of where my child was. All the kids had cleared off the equipment and all the sudden I heard someone crying, and I turn and see Anna drowning in the foam pit. If she hadn't looked so pitiful, I would have laughed. She had gotten herself wedged down in all the foam pieces and was panicking! I jumped in and tried to calm her down and managed to get both of us out without too much trama. She was a sweaty mess! Anna girl, mommy loves you!! I promise you we will make it through your 2nd and 3rd years of your life, somehow! :)
1 comments:
Little girls are so "domestic".
Boys are usually clueless like their fathers...either trying to get something taken apart, or deciding whose "whatever" is bigger......
Post a Comment