Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Bauersfeld Reunion 2010

This last weekend we had the pleasure of meeting up with about 35-40 Bauersfelds for a much overdue reunion. Dane's parents were saying that they thought the last one was probably 15-20 years ago! I mean, they've had get togethers and bbq's in family's backyards, but to actually plan a destination reunion and invite extended family, well, it's been too long! We all gathered at Lake Mayfield which is right by Mossyrock and had a wonderful time! Kevin's brother Rick and his family made the drive all the way from Illinois and it's been 5 years since Dane and I had last seen their kids (there are 4 of them), so it was great to reconnect with them. All the families were there and we had a weekend full of great food, lots of laughter, and great conversation. Dane played a big part in planning the whole weekend and he should feel very proud of the way it turned out; everyone had a great time. Dane and his dad brought their boats and they were great enough to take people out to go fishing. I even managed to pawn off both kids long enough to tag along for a fish! Anna had a great time playing with all of her cousins and they kept each other thoroughly entertained all weekend. Drew was a big hit for the weekend. It was the first time the family got to meet him, so there were lots of willing arms to hold him all weekend. He was such a good boy and must have been worn out because on Saturday night I fed him at 7:00 and put him to bed around 9:00 and he didn't wake up until 5:00 am to eat!! That's not normal, but man, it was a treat!! The following are some pictures from our fabulous weekend. :)



This is a view from where we spent most of our time on Saturday. Lake Mayfield Resort.

Dane's immediate family stayed in a GORGEOUS house up the hill from the resort, and this was the view from the deck. Pretty amazing. I meant to get pictures of the house but I was pretty horrible at taking pictures all weekend. I had to steal this one from Holly! :)


Miss Anna, enjoying one of her many slices of watermelon!

Drew was tired and cranky here, but I had to get a picture of him in his adorable hat. :)

Dane, his aunt Jennifer (from Illinois) and baby Drew

On Saturday we had a huge bean bag tournament that Dane organized...these are some of the players and the peanut gallery cheering them on.

Some of Dane's cousins trying to dominate the boards.

Dane's brother Neil and uncle Rick in action.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Looks like a beautiful day and an awesome time!! Thanks for sharing this Jenny. I'm so glad you have a blog. I'm totally addicted. So you need to post more. I know you're like super busy and all, but I miss you!! Need more pics of you though. :)

Allisha said...

Looks like fun!! I'm glad you guys got lucky and had such nice weather all weekend!!