Tuesday, June 17, 2008

1/2 Year Old!!
















Look, I can reach my toes!!
















Just came home from a walk around the neighborhood















The second this girl sees a camera, the smiles disappear

Our baby turned six months old today. I've got to say that the past six months has been the most rewarding and fulfilling time that we have ever experienced. To see this little tiny baby that we created, grow and become this interactive and giggly little person has been amazing. You can never be properly prepared for your first newborn baby, but I also wasn't prepared for how much my love grows for Anna each day. It's the best thing in the entire world. Dane and I are very lucky because she really is a very good baby. The only time she's cranky is if she's tired or hungry...aren't we all? :) She sleeps really well (still not through the night, but what can I say, my girl likes to eat!) and she makes us laugh constantly.

Some things that just melt our hearts:

1. When we get her out of her swing after she's been sleeping, we crouch down and say "hi sweetie" and she gives us the biggest smile with the tip of her tongue hanging out a little bit. So adorable.

2. When daddy blows on her belly or feet she lets out the cutest squeals and giggles. It's hard to beat that.

3. After I feed her at night I lay her up on my shoulder and she falls back asleep...I usually sit here for a few minutes and soak up her snuggles. It's not very often that she sits still long enough to snuggle any more.

4. While she's jumping in her jumperoo, if Dane or I stand in front of her and get all excited, she gets this big smile on her face and she looks so proud of herself for jumping so great.

5. She is old enough now that she loves it when you toss her in the air...she just thinks that is the greatest thing ever. That is a sure way to get some giggles out of her.

I could go on and on, but you get the idea. It makes me a little sad to think that in the amount of time that's already passed, she will be a year old. But I also can't wait to learn more about her and see her personality grow even more. Happy half birthday Anna, we love you!

4 comments:

Angela said...

Hi Jenny! I have heard so much about you. congrats on your beautiful daughter! I look forward to getting to know you via the blog world :) I am very new to this stuff how did you get the songs to play on yours? LOVE THAT!
Angela

Diane said...

Jen, What a great touch, having
the music added...you really know how to make me cry, don't you.
I am overwhelmed with seeing you
experience the same joy in motherhood that I had...there is no greater love (sorry husbands!)
Enjoy Anna...you have so many more great things ahead.....
Love, MOM

Angela said...

So I just had the chance to actually read all of your latest blog and I really enjoyed it. I hope you are saving these entries for her baby book! You will be glad you wrote all those precious memories and moments down. Isn't it so amazing the happiness a baby can bring you! I once heard the quote that having a baby is like having your heart walk around outside of you...so true. She is so lucky to have such loving parents like you!
-regarding how you added music to your blog...i figured out how to create the playlist but I can't get it to paste onto my page. What exactly did you copy and paste and where did you paste it? thanks, the not so computer savy Angela:)

Sara Jones said...

Alright Jen, you hassle me about getting pictures up but this post is feeling quite dated. I need an update! :-)