


Anna and her cousin Myla in their matching
dresses that Nana made them
My dear husband has been gone since Monday morning and got home late last night and boy, was I was ready to see him...it's amazing how much I still miss that guy when he's not around. :) Dane coaches high school football in the fall and this week was their football camp over in Spokane at Whitworth College (your old stomping grounds Sara and Greg!). So you might be wondering what we did with Anna while daddy was away, since I just took vacation to be home with her. Well, for most of day we just left her in her swing and I would come home and check on her during lunch and if she was good, then I would change her diaper. What...she was FINE. We left a little boob milk for her within reach and some toys on her lap.
Ha! Okay, I guess that's not the whole truth! :) Dane's mom Marcy was gracious enough to spend her week with us and watch Anna during the day. She and Kevin are staying in Alaska for the summer where they and Dane's aunt and uncle are building a house. While Kevin might be okay being away for several months, Marcy had planned a week to come home in advance to see her kids and grandbabies. Okay, mostly the grandbabies. :) So, when she heard we were trying to figure out what to do wiht Anna this week, she offered to stay with us and be with Anna. The week went very well...much better than I had anticipated. This was the first time that Anna had been away from Dane and myself all day long. We'd left her with a friend for about an hour and a half a couple of times, but nothing like this! Big step for us! Monday was a little rough with a few fits and resisting naps and bottles, but nothing that was out of control. Then Tuesday and Wednesday went really really well...Marcy must have gotten into Anna's "circle of trust". :) They ran some errands together and played with toys and jumped in the jumperoo (well, just Anna). Marcy ended up just staying the nights with us too since their house had all the water turned off and everything...it worked out very well that she was here in the morning to watch Anna while I got ready for work. All in all, it was a success and we VERY much appreciated Marcy offering her services! My husband is back home and Marcy flies back to Alaska in the morning...it was grea to spend a few days with her, especially since they're not coming home until September 1st.
The couple of pictures that I've attached are of Anna and her cousin Myla. Dane's brother and his family were all here last Sunday for brunch and Marcy had made the two girls matching dresses, so we snapped a few pictures of them wearing them. How adorable are they? I don't know about you guys, but every time I see Anna's smiles in the pictures I just have to laugh. She cracks me up!
0 comments:
Post a Comment