Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Surprise!

Me and Anna at my parent's house


This past weekend, Dane and I and Anna decided to plan a surprise visit to my parent's house. It had been a while since we'd seen them and we've been hearing about how they needed a baby fix. So Saturday afternoon we didn't have anything planned and we just decided on a whim to drive to Portland and stay a night with my folks. I had just talked to my mom, so I knew that they were at a restaurant with a group of their friends (from their Mustang car club) and we decided to just go and surprise them there. We walked in and spotted them at a big table and I went and sat down next to my dad and just stared at him until he looked over at me. You can imagine his reaction! :) They were both shocked to see us there and all of the squealing led to Anna crying from all of the commotion. :) Once we all calmed down she was just fine and actually did great over our stay there. Grandma and Grandpa got sufficient snuggle time and Anna was a very good girl, giving them lots of smiles and giggles. The above picture is one that my mom took...take note of Anna sitting up by herself. Such a big girl! Please disregard my pasty white legs, they haven't seen sun in a really long time! I'm thinking of using a little self-tanner just so that I don't blind my daughter or scare young children.

Tonight is the second night that Anna is sleeping in her big girl crib in her own room! This was a big step for mama. She's been in her bassinet next to our bed but I had to finally admit that she just didn't fit in it anymore. When I lay her down at night and she puts up a little fuss, her arms were hitting the sides and her feet were all cramped up at the bottom. So I sucked it up and put her in her crib last night. She did great...I missed her being next to me. I'll admit that I kept her next to me for a selfish reason. She's still waking up twice a night to eat and it's just really convenient to pull her in bed with me and feed her (while I'm still snuggly warm in bed) and then put her back when she's finished. Now I have to get up out of bed, go into her room, sit in a chair that's not nearly as comfortable as my bed (or warm) and then by the time she's done (10-15 min) my side of the bed isn't warm anymore. All the while, Dane is cozy comfy and snoozin' away. Hmfph...it's not fair. Besides all of that, I just really really loved having her in our room next to us as she slept. I'm going to miss that.

All of this talk about bed has gotten me very sleepy. I think that is where I shall go now. :)

1 comments:

Jules said...

Jenny, what a fabulous surprise for your parents, I can just imagine their reaction. How FUN! I know they just loved it.

As for your pasty white legs, you need to come and visit me to make yourself feel better. Mine are so white they are nearly translucent which of course really helps those spider veins show up nicely.