
Sitting up and playing like a big girl
Anna in her dress that Nana (Dane's mom) made her
I took my week vacation this last week and I' m sad to see it come to an end. It was a VERY busy week for Dane and we saw no way of it working out unless I took the time off to be with my baby. Dane had a catering event Tues. through Friday in the morning and afternoon...setting up a breakfast and a lunch for a meeting of about 20 people. Then at 3:00 in the afternoon, he had football practice. The team that he helps coach is able to practice for a week in the spring while the kids are still in school, so that was last week. So his day started at about 5:45 a.m. and he was pretty much gone all day until 5:30 p.m. Busy busy!!
As much as it wasn't my "dream vacation" it was wonderful to be home with Anna all day and we had a lot of fun together...I could get use to this. My mom came for a quick visit in the middle of the week staying Tuesday night with us and spending the day with us on Wednesday. It was nice to have the adult interaction during the day for me and Anna loved seeing her grandma. She melted my mom's heart by giggling and giving lots of her big smiles. My mom is such a stud...on Wednesday morning she got out in our yard and did lots of weed pulling and we VERY much appreciated it. Once Anna went down for a nap I got out there and helped and pulled up a lot of ferns that had taken over a flower bed. I ended up pulling everything out of there and we went to Fred Meyer and bought some annuals to plant (I can't remember what they're called--yeah, I'm no Martha Stewart!). They add some nice color to the front of our house. There's still a lot of yard work to be done, but it certainly put a dent in it! Once our yard waste gets picked up this week, I have big plans of getting out there and doing a lot more. Once you see one area looking good, I want it all to look like that! :) Dane and I HATE yard work, so we appreciate my mom's help and it lite a fire under my butt to get the rest done.
We had the pleasure this week of meeting the newest baby in our group of friends!! Leah Rose Donnelly was born on Monday night and we went over to see Alex and Lexa and their new baby girl. I've got to say I was shocked to hear it was a girl...they waited to find out the sex until delivery and they (especially Lexa) was positive it was going to be a boy. But Leah was a welcome surprise and she is just beautiful...congrats Mom and Dad Donnelly!! When we were driving home from thier house I was talking to Dane about how much anxiety that brought back for me...seeing Leah so tiny and crying and not being able to soothe her easily; being stressed out about nursing; having raging hormones overtaking your body. Augh! It all came flooding back to me! New parenthood is NOT an easy task, and if anybody says it's easy, they're lying. We are very excited for Anna to have another good friend as they get older. :)
Tomorrow is Father's Day and we plan to spend the day together as a family. Dane has been so busy this last week and has been gone all day today for a football scrimmage, Anna and I are ready for some daddy time! We're planning on taking him to Cabella's so he can pick out a new stereo for his boat or a fish finder...or maybe both. He deserves it. :) Then Anna and I are going to take him on a picnic lunch at Tolmie State Park...it's where Dane proposed to me and it is right on the water and beautiful. It's suppose to be about 70 degrees tomorrow so it'll be nice to spend a little time outside. Happy Father's Day to all you dads out there!
First Day of School 2015
11 years ago
2 comments:
Jen, I love Anna's little dress.
I seldom see her in dresses. Cute.
Happy Father's Day to Dane!
P.S. Keep the plants watered, by the way they are geraniums.
MOM
I had to laugh about your flowers. Geraniums are beautiful, we have some bright pink ones planted around our tree. The green things on them are called leaves.
Happy Father's Day Dane, I hope you enjoy your day. Jen, your week at home sounded nice. Hey, according to everyone this is the year of the "staycation" since no one can afford to travel with gas prices the way they are so you are in good company.
Your baby is six months old. Happy half birthday Anna!
Post a Comment