Saturday, November 15, 2008

Night out on the town




We had such a great night tonight! There are a ton of November birthdays in our group of friends and so we thought we'd all go out to a nice adult dinner to celebrate. Sara, you rock for giving me this idea, because it was a blast. There was a group of 20 of us that went out to a Japanese Steakhouse and it was delicious. It's a cheaper version of a Benihana's if you've ever heard of that place. It's one of those places where they cook the food there in front of you and their performance is half the fun. They fling food into your mouth, create huge flames, build "onion vocanoes" and so on. The food was delicious, the company was fanastic and the drinks were divine. You heard it right folks...I had a drink for the first time since before I was pregnant! I only had one at dinner (a lemon drop martini) and I had a White Russian at home before hand and lets just say that is all I needed. Mama is a light weight these days!
After dinner a couple of our friends live right by the restaurant and offered their house to gather at. So we all headed over there for some more celebrating and good times. Somebody had the unfortunate idea to have each of the girls get on the bench press and see who could do the most reps...let's just say I am a whimp. I've never felt so weak in my entire life...actually I know I've never been this weak in my life. I need to hit the gym in the worst way and hopefully this embarrasing display will motivate me.
Anyways, it was such a great night and I was sad to see it come to an end. We were home by 9:00...how sad are we? :) Dane's parent's were at our house watching Anna for the evening which was great. It sounds like Anna did good which is a relief...I know she does fine, but it's still hard not to worry.
I had to include the above pictures I took today. I put her hair in a ponytail for the first time and she actually kept it in! I think it looks adorable...I might try two pigtails tomorrow. :) She loves pulling herself up on everything these days. She grabs onto the baby gate and rattles it like she's a prisoner. :) It's pretty funny. We've got a big day of football and playdates tomorrow...should be a great time!

4 comments:

Carrie McCoy said...

Your drink choice was very interesting because my 2 favorite drinks are White Russians and Lemon Drops! Maybe the 2 of us should go drinking sometime! :-)
Happy Belated Birthday!

Sara Jones said...

Jen, I will have you know that I had a lemon drop at dinner on my birthday along with two girly pink mojitos. I was embarrassing how quickly they leveled me. I'm so glad you had a fun dinner, our was a blast and it was lovely to have a night out with adults.

P.S. Your daughter is ridiculously adorable.

p.p.s. If you two go drinking, I want to come!

Diane said...

Jen, Good for you and Dane getting our with each other and friends. Of course Anna is a doll! Those leg "things" are adoreable... the pony tail is even better than the barrett. Love, MOM

Angela said...

Umm, my Gracie is very jealous of the pony tail...oh okay, it's ME who is jealous. DARLING!!!! LOVE IT!!!
As for the adult night outs and drinking...I feel totally slided...shall we plan a girls weekend? :)I too enjoy a lemon drop:) LOL.