Wednesday, May 27, 2009

A lovely weekend

I'm sure everyone else was as sad as I was to see Memorial Day weekend come to an end. The fabulous weather, wonderful food, friends and family...it doesn't get much better than that.

We didn't even have anything extravagant planned but we just enjoyed the relaxing days taking Anna to the park, spending time at home, and having a bbq at our friends Adam and Courtney's house. It's so refreshing to have a long weekend without big plans of traveling or constantly being on the go...they don't happen very often! :)

I thoroughly enjoyed my daughter this weekend. It's not like I don't usually, but it just felt really special this weekend. She was such a good girl and in a great mood for most of the weekend (most) and I just couldn't get enough of her. Over the last month especially, I've just noticed her acting so much older and becoming aware of how smart she really is. I feel like we have actual conversations and she picks up on so much of what we say. It's been awhile since I've reported on the adorable things she does so I will use this time. :) Please feel free to oooh and awww when necessary.
She has a little baby doll that her great grandma gave her and she loves to play with it. A few weeks ago Anna had her blankie that she sleeps with and I took it and wrapped the baby up in it and cradled it in my arms and sang "Rock a bye baby". Anna got the most precious little smile and came over and yanked the baby out of my arms and snuggled it up to her chest and kept saying "baby...baby" like she was singing the song. Then threw the baby on the floor. Then one night in the bath tub she took her washcloth and layed it out on the water and took one of her bath letters and layed it in middle and wrapped the washcloth up around it and pulled it to her chest and said "baby". :) How adorable is that? I think she wants a brother or sister. :)
Anna is SUCH a snuggler. She gives big tight hugs around our necks and kisses our head by leaning in and saying "muah". Then when I am holding her up on my hip, she'll reach up and pull my head down to her level and wrap her arms around my head and pull it into hers and just hold me there. It melts my heart every time.

She loves rough housing and playing all sorts of "I'm going to get you" games. If Dane or I is laying on the floor, she will run up yelling the whole way and throw herself on top of us and proceed to sit on out heads. I kid you not, that is her favorite thing to do! She loves it when I "get" her with my feet and the giggles that come out of that girl are contagious.

Anna will get book after book for us to read to her and she usually asks us to read them each at least three times before moving on to the next. A few of her favorites: Moo, Baa, La La La (by the way, she knows all of her animal sounds already!); Mommy Hugs; Baby Einstein Neighborhood Animals and Baby Says Peekaboo (there are flaps and babies...of course she loves it). Just to name a few. Seriously, the girl loves books!

Not only books, but we have a huge fan of Sesame Street on our hands. She tries to be so convincing to have us let her watch it during the day. She butters us up by being good for a while and then she finds the remote and says "show?" over and over and over. She does not give up until you take the remote away and destract her with something else. We let her watch some in the morning since it's on from 7:00-8:00 and she usually wakes up in that time frame. Dane will bring her into our bed with him while I'm getting ready for work, that way he can sleep a little longer and she gets her show...and of course daddy gets his snuggles on her then too. She's entranced by it so she doesn't put up a fight to the hugs and kisses. :)

I could go on forever about how wonderful our daughter is and how much fun we had with her this weekend, but I must end this so I can go to bed and let you get on with your life. :) I'm attaching a couple pictures from the bbq at the Gore's on Monday. I didn't bring my camera (of course) so I had to steal a couple that some friends took!

Anna and Ches (Francheska is our friends Josh and Jodi's little girl-she's 2) taking Jaxson's jeep for a little spin. The most adorable part was that they had a cup of strawberries in the cup holder in the middle that they were sharing!
Our friend Kevin playing in the sprinkler with Anna. She loves playing in the water and was dripping after a couple of minutes!

3 comments:

Jules said...

Aren't those babies just the best!

I've always wanted to know if you guys can print our blogs. All of the precious things you all write about you are never going to want to forget. I loved all your stories about Anna and they made me pine again for my little girls. But like I've said before, thank heavens for grandbabies!!!!

Sara Jones said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sara Jones said...

My first posted comment made no sense. I plead fatigue.

Basically I said that I love how much you love your daughter and that you just can't describe that feeling until you have kids of your own. It's the best!