Sunday, May 18, 2008

5 months old
















Anna had her 5 month birthday yesterday and she is just getting to be such a big girl. Tonight Dane and I were playing with her on the ground and she was sitting up between my legs and she stayed like that for about 2-3 minutes without either of us holding her up! She's even catching herself if she leans too far over to the left...the right side still needs some work. I think within a few more weeks she'll be sitting up by herself, no problem. Another big girl transition that we're going to be starting this week is introducing solid foods to her. Our pediatrician told us at her 4 month appt that we could start her on solids whenever we want, but it seems like such a big step. I feel like she's not going to be my little baby anymore...I know she'll still be nursing, but this just seems like a big deal to me. Dane thinks I'm being silly and maybe I am...I just feel like my little girl is growing up so fast. We are pretty positive that Anna is teething right now too. Everything goes into her mouth and she drools all the time and she is constantly trying to suck on my or Dane's fingers. I've never seen a baby teeth before, but it feels like teeth are trying to come through on the bottom. We'll see...we're learning as we go. :)

We had a great weekend in the beautiful weather. Today we met up with Dane's parents and his brother Neil and our niece and nephew, Myla and Cole. Holly was hosting a baby shower at their house in Seattle, so daddy had the kids today. :) We went to a park nearby that has a fishing lake for kids. You have to have kids with you to fish in it, and Cole caught his first fish today. He reeled it in and everything! Anna and Myla had fun poking at each other and playing. It'll be fun when they're older and will be able to run around and play with each other...they are only 8 months apart, so the age difference won't be so apparent in a couple years. I've posted a few pictures from our day. The first two pictures are from Friday in our backyard. I came home for lunch and Dane had set up a shade tent in our yard and had Anna outside playing...she loved it!

Time to start another week and then it's a three day weekend! Yay...I'm already looking forward to it! :) Off to bed...

3 comments:

tara said...

She's absolutely precious! Dane looks like a very happy daddy, too. Sometime soon you'll have to post a family pic with the 3 of you.

Sara Jones said...

I love the dress Anna is wearing. Little girls clothes are the best. Tara is right, Dane looks like an excellent dad. Happy 5 month birthday Anna! Can you believe how quick that came? Everyone tells you how fast things go but you never appreciate it until you experience it first hand.

Diane said...

Anna,
You are quite the "darling girl".
Your Mommy is holding onto you so tight..I wonder if she realizes I only let go of her shirt tales 3 years ago when your Daddy swooped her up! Tell her you want a carrot or a "peep" to nibble on! Only kidding Jenny...Love ya.
Grandma D