Monday, May 26, 2008

Three day weekend




















Our beautiful girl
















Our friend Lexa "practicing" with Anna...she's
due with their first baby in 2 weeks!!


We had such a wonderful holiday weekend and we're sad to see it come to an end. It was a very busy one for Dane since he had a catering event on Saturday night. For those that don't know, Dane is running the catering division of the bar that he bartended at. This is something that he has wanted to do for quite a while and approached them about starting it before he worked there. The owners were not interested at the time, but they approached him a couple of months ago and said they wanted to take a look at his business plan again, and ended up asking him to get it going. So he's not in the bar anymore, which is great, and is busy promoting and marketing their new catering business. This was their second event and it was a huge success! Both of them have gone really well and I'm so proud of how hard Dane is working. It's not easy at the beginning, but he's gotten really great feedback from people and has some great prospects for more jobs throughout the summer. We are very excited at where this could go!

So while daddy was busy all day Saturday, Anna and I got packed up and ready for us to leave Sunday to go camping with our friends. I told Dane on Sunday that I don't know now single parents do it...it was exhausting trying to be really productive packing and cleaning and keeping Anna entertained at the same time. Dane got up early Sunday morning to go wrap up a few things from Sat. night and by the time we left for camping at about 1:00 on Sunday, I was very happy to have my husband back! :)

We had a wonderful time at Lake Mayfield with all of our friends. There was about 14 of us there and four of us have kids now, so it's fun to have little ones running around! The boys spent some time out on the boat catching some fish and us girls got caught up on all of our visiting. We had such a great time and the lodging worked out so well that Dane had the great idea of having that be a meeting place for my family over the summer. It would be perfect to have Jason's family, us and my parents stay there and the girls would have so much fun. After talking to my family, it looks like the 4th of July weekend is going to work out for everyone, so hopefully there is availability then. I'm hopeful since we only reserved our rooms one week in advance for this weekend and it was a holiday weekend as well. We'll see...I already have my hopes set on it so hopefully I'm not disappointed.

Hope everyone one had a fun and safe holiday weekend...it's off to bed for us to rest up for our short week.

2 comments:

Diane said...

Jen,
Love the new wheels! Nice!
Let's hope the park gets an opening for a family get together,
it would be great!
Love,
MOM

Carrie McCoy said...

Hey Jenny!
That is so funny, because I have felt like a stalker to you since I check in on yours as well! I have enjoyed seeing little Anna grow up even though I have never met her! She is adorable! My little Jocelyn was a big chunk so I have loved seeing Anna's pics, because it reminds me of Jocelyn!