It was a sad week for Dane this week as we sold his Jeep Wrangler. Since Dane is home with Anna during the day he has been driving the Honda and I would drive the Jeep to work. This did not please me too much. I was not a fan of driving his Jeep and it didn't make much sense that we still had it since Anna couldn't ride in it (for safety reasons and her carseat just doesn't fit in it). So, after MUCH discussion it was agreed upon that we would get a more "family friendly" vehicle. I know it's not easy for Dane because he really loved his Jeep...especially with summer right around the corner, so I really appreciate him making this sacrafice. He said Anna was kind of worth it. :)
I was on the phone yesterday wheeling and dealing with a salesman in Puyallup for an '03 Hyundai Santa Fe that they had for sale, and he finally came down to the price we were able to pay. So we drove up yesterday evening and paid cash and we walked out the door with our new car! I'm really happy with it--before we started looking I did my research and comparison (I'm definitely my father's daughter) and the Santa Fe's got better reviews for reliability and safety and almost every other aspect then the other car we were looking at (a Nissan Pathfinder). I think it will be a great family car for us. Maybe one day Dane can have his Jeep back when our kids are grown up and driving themselves around and don't want to be seen in a car with Mom and Dad. :)
We are really looking forward to our three day weekend. On Sunday we're going camping with a bunch of our friends at Lake Mayfield ,which is about an hour away from here. There are cabins there, so it will be easier for us to be there with Anna. It should be a great weekend and we are just looking forward to getting out of town for 24 hours. :) I'll post pictures when we return!



2 comments:
LOVE the new rig! Isn't it fun having something new to drive? Way to do you research, you always end up better bang for your buck when you educate yourself first. Dane, I'm sorry you had to let your Jeep go. I probably shouldn't tell you that our neighbor just bought a brand new one, huh. :-)
Jenny, staying in a cabin does NOT constitute camping you big sissy. Unless you're miserable trying to keep a pine cone out of your butt while sleeping and you're eating hot dogs that have fallen in the dirt twice you are just sleeping in a different house. I love you anyway you city girl. Have Sara tell you her reindeer story again to make yourself feel better.
Post a Comment