Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Comcast

On Friday, Mary, a friend at work told me and my coworker about how she lowered her monthly Comcast bill. Her friend had done this and then she tried it and it worked for her. Mary called up Comcast and said that she would like to cancel her service. Of course, they said "May I ask why Mary?" All she said was that her bill had gotten too expensive and they said "well, let's see what we can do for you". Her bill got lowered by $45-50 per month!

So I thought, what will it hurt to try? So I called up Comcast and I actually used a different tactic. Dane heard of a promotion on the radio about digital cable and internet for $29.99 each per month for a year. When I called, I asked if this was available to me, and of course they said no, it's only for new customers to try the services out for a year, but she was quick to say "let me see what we can do for you". Keep in mind, right now all we have is basic cable (approx 70 channels) and internet through Comcast and our bill is about $101.70 each month. I know...obsurd. So she says "well, it looks like here, that we can offer you digital cable and internet for $33 each per month for a year." Sweet! I'll take it! So for the next year, our bill will only be about $65 AND we have better cable! That's a savings of $420 for the year!!! I was so excited! Mary said once that year is up, just pay the full price for one month and then call them back and do the same thing again...she's done it twice now and they are always quick to help her! :)

I just wanted to share that with anyone else out there that uses Comcast that feels sick paying their bill each month. Dane wants me to call and do the same thing with Verizon to see if we can get our cell phone bill reduced...what's the worst thing they can say? No? But there's always a chance they might do it...these companies will do anything to keep customers from cancelling their service. Happy bargaining!!

2 comments:

Jules said...

Way to go Jen! My dad has always told us that the easiest money you'll ever make is with your mouth. You have to get your mind out of the gutter and take it for it's literal meaning but it's amazing how often it works. Wayne was cranky about a medical bill once and said he was going to call and make them reduce it. Yeah right! I was embarrassed that he was even trying. That was until he got about $200.00 taken off of it! So yes, like you said, what's the worst they can say and more times than not they want to keep you as a customer.

Sara Jones said...

That is great! I had no idea Comcast was so expensive. We have basic cable and internet through a local company and pay $62 a month. No wonder the idea of lowering the bill was so appealing! Good for you! Let me know how the Verizon conversation goes, we use them too.

p.s. The last pictures of Anna were so sweet. I think she looks more and more like you. I loved her outfit. Aubrey had two of them. All the ease of a onesie but the cuteness of a dress.