Wednesday, July 9, 2008

My husband, my hero

Our poor Anna girl is sick with a bad head cold and has been unusually cranky and tired the past couple of days. Well, tonight we put her to bed at 8:00 and she fell asleep somewhat easily but about 15 minutes later woke up and was inconsolible for about 35 minutes. Now if you've been around an inconsolible baby, you know that 35 minutes feels like and hour and 35 minutes. I finally come downstairs after loosing most of my sanity and ask Dane to take a shot at it. After he's up there for about five minutes I hear Dane playing his guitar and singer to Anna...and silence from her. It was one of the sweetest things I've ever seen. I went up and peeked in the room and there's Anna with her eyes closed and her daddy playing her songs. It doesn't get much sweeter than that. He's such a great daddy and I feel so lucky to have him in this game called "life".

3 comments:

Holly said...

omg, that is the sweetest thing ever! I hope Anna gets better soon!!

Angela said...

that story gave me goosebumps! I love it. I can totally relate in that i have one of those wonderful husbands too, we certainly couldn't do it without them! Hope Anna is better soon!

Diane said...

Anna,
Get well soon...Grandma and Grandpa miss you. Dane, you're our hero for being a wonderful father to Anna, and a great husband to Jen.
Grandma D