Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Stats

We went to Anna's 6 month appointment yesterday (we're a couple weeks behind her actual birthday) and everything checked out great. She got more immunizations again which is never fun, but with a little lovin' and snuggling from daddy afterwards she calmed down and was just fine. Just as she was thinking she was done being poked and proded, they made us go over to the lab where she got her heel pricked for a blood sample. Leave my baby alone!

She's still our little buddah baby weighing in at 19 lbs. 6 oz. (95th percentile...she's back on the charts at least!) and measuring 26 3/4'' in length (only 50th percentile). I tried having a talk with her that this is not the body type to go for. :)

The doctor talked to us about introducing some table foods to her when we're ready, such as yogurt, cottage cheese, mashed potatoes, etc. That seems kind of early to me, but we'll see what she thinks. We're still trying to find baby foods that she likes...we've tried sweet potatoes, bananas, carrots...everything we give her she acts like I'm feeding her poop. I've been mixing it with rice cereal, and our nurse suggested trying it without mixing it to see if that makes a difference. Maybe it's a consistancy issue...who knows, maybe she's getting her Uncle Jason's picky palate. :) We'll keep working at it though and see if she can get use to it.

We're really looking forward to this weekend, when we'll be in Portland spending the 4th with my family. Jason and Angie and the girls are going to spend Thursday night with us and then Friday we'll all get up and head to my parent's house for the weekend. It should be a lot of fun and I think Grandma and Grandpa are going to be in heaven having all the kids and grandkids together! Safe travels to everyone for the 4th!

3 comments:

Sara Jones said...

Jen, Anna sounds perfect. Tell her that Auntie Sara will give her lots of smooches at the wedding.

Tell Anna that our Dane will show her how to eat when they see each other next. He doesn't think he's eating poop, he thinks he's getting chocolate. Of course, solids in means man poop out. You gotta love mom talk.

Sara Jones said...

Oops, forgot to say that I really like the new background. I'm still on the fence about mine but don't have the inclination to change it.

Holly said...

I like your new background/text. Very cool! Let's get together again soon! One of Myla's fav new words is "Anna". :-)